Author Topic: More PARKs  (Read 37962 times)

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: More PARKs
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 December 09 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suzy

No hurry, just many thanks for when you get around to it.

I'm in Vancouver ..... which is really the banana belt of Canada! We rarely get temperatures below about -10C or -12, and then that's usually at night, and we get much more rain than we do snow. The moderate climate extends about 40-50 miles inland to the east ............. and about 10 or so miles to the north!

In fact, many people (too many!) believe that it never snows in Vancouver, so they try to drive on summer tyres all year, even when it does snow .................... chaos!!

The Winter Olympics are here next February, split between Vancouver and Whistler (about 75-100 miles north) ................. if you watch any of them, you'll get an idea of where I live. Although we don't have the views that the TV will show!

sylvia
Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire
Hughes, Roberts, Wynn(e), Griffiths. Wales

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
  • 4 Generations of Strong Women
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 December 09 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia
What a lovely place to live.I did visit very briefly for Expo 1980 something. I lived in Portland Ore about 40 years ago .
Will contact you when I get some info.
Sue
PS Heversham is about 2 miles from Sizergh where Elizabeth Airey was living when she married John Park in 1804
Westmoreland -Farrer,Thompson,Park,Wharton,Airey
Lancs  Farrer ,Thompson,Clarke,Brewer,Reid,Howarth,Feast,Sladen,Southern

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 December 09 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Suzy

Expo 86 ... the last major world-wide event in Vancouver, apart from the World Police Games this past summer!

We moved up here from Texas in 1968. We left the UK in 1967, and spent just one year in Texas!

I noticed that ..... and there are some Aireys married Parks, but I haven't yet got around to really sorting them out, as they are siblings of the direct line.

I am pretty certain that there is not that John and that Elizabeth ..... but who knows when I do get down to it?

We're going away on Tuesday ............... about 500 miles north of here where OH's sister lives. It will be cold and white.

I'll be back after Christmas

Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great time

sylvia

Taylor, Park, Rowlandson, Hayhurst, Goose, Moor, Mattinson, Dawes. Westmorland, Yorkshire, Lancashire.
Cadd, Ellard, Schofield, Ashton, Cott(e)rill, Buck(w)right, Love. Buckinghamshire, Lancashire

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 February 10 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Sylvia
have sent you a PM don't know if you have made enough posts to open it.

I have a copy of Heversham PR marriage of William and Jane.Witnesses Edward Wilcock and Mary Hayhurst.
There is also a Jane Park(?William's sister ) marriage to Edward Wilcock at Beetham
William Park gives his birth place as Kirkby Lonsdale on the 1851 Census

Isabella Park (? Williams sister ) married a Sewart and they ended up in Liverpool do you have any connections to them ?

Jean/Darlingtonian
I've also got a copy of the marriage of William Park of Kikby Lonsdale to Agnes Gibson of Heversham 10 may 1820.Witnesses James Barrow Betty Gibson and Ann Gibson.
PM me if you want it

Sue

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline sylvia (canada)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 February 10 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

Sorry, being a little distracted at the moment by the Olympics! Not often that we can see events in "real" time. I did read the pm last night, but this is the first chance I've had of being on here since.

Thank you so very much for dong the looking up.

That does sound like 'my" William and Jane! Mary Hayhurst was her younger sister ...... by 2 years, born in 1816. Not sure who Edward Wilcock might be, that surname has not yet turned up in OH's line.

I had seen that 1851 Census, but it is the only one in which he says Kirby Lonsdale.

I don't know about Isabella or Jane ......... I haven't followed his line sufficiently with any confidence that what I'm finding is correct to be sure that either (or both) is his sister, or a relation. Certainly, one of his daughters is called Isabella, and another is Jane .......... which could be a tiny bit of evidence.

I'll pm you with my email address if you would be so kind as to send a copy to me.

Offline baglet2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 March 10 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello There

My Park Tree goes back to Robert Park, B. Killington 1831, M. Margaret Wearing, His father Thomas Park B. 1798 Kendal, M. Ellen Mattinson.

I cannot prove William and Jane (one or two), were the Parents of Thomas. Can you help please ?

Thanks

Jackie Walker (Nee Park)

Offline suzyf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 March 10 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackie
Unfortunately I can't prove anything about the children of William Park1756(son of William and Mary) and Jane Rigg1757 (daughter of John and Elizabeth ) They married in 1776 ,first 2 children born around Natland then moved  to Stainton by 1784.
William and Jane are living in Killington by 1806 The other children are those on the Killington PR from the IGI.
I suppose Jane could have continued to have children to her mid 40s
Sue

Ireland(Offaly)Reid
London -Feast

Offline baglet2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

I checked IGI, and Thomas is listed as a child of William and Jane.

Thanks

Jackie

Offline jimbach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 March 10 10:21 GMT (UK) »
im browsing  while recovering from astroke  o9ne handed typing im afraid    i cant yet cope  with punctuation etc.  jane armitstead1855 d1933 mrobert park of killington 1846  d  1919.  they lived in sedbergh and are buried there. they had 11sons and  2 daughters.   1 thos .park1872d 1959 married   2sons alldead    2 mary elizabeth 1874 d 1960 unm.  3  william1876 d 1948 m jane machell  of  whinfell  3sons 2daughters     4  james1878 d1948 m lizzie messop of grange o sands2sons  2dau.  5  josephb 1881 m dorothy beddows   5 sons  all mrd.    6   robert b 1884 d 1958 m ida pickup of southport  1 dau.    7   john armitstead park b 1885 d 1966 m eliz. langthorn of grayrigg 1 son cyril 1 dau nellie    8 septimus park1887 d 1889    9  george park b1890 d1961  mrd 2 sons.    10  frederick park mrd 1son 1 dau.     11  herbert park  b 1892 d 1917   drowned unm.     12   alfred park  1894m lillian richardson  1son.   13   jinnie park b 1896.          thats tired me        janearmitstead was 3rd child of thomas  armitstead and elizabeth  nee wharton  of   orton........they had 13    children.......    hope this info is of use to you       jimbach