Author Topic: Charles Goodwillie  (Read 16242 times)

Offline arohaa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Goodwillie
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 06:20 GMT (UK) »
HI... I will send it through to you as soon as I have passed the 3 messages mark. When I saw the name Goodwillie I thought it was a "not very common" name and decided to google it...  I have just had a brain wave... if you go into Facebook and look for a Waimarama site you might find the pics

Offline queenie3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Kia Ora Aroha
Goodwillie is an unusual name - it is Scottish and apparently come from the saying  [if] 'God is Willing' - I am the main Goodwillie historian that I know of in New Zealand though other branches of the family have small amounts of history.I will try the Facebook thing - I am not so crash hot with social media but I will give it a go. Ideally I would like the original photograph - what are my chances?
Regards
Queenie
Atkinson. Empson. Overton. Lynch. Revell. Wood. Peagram. Stanford-Davis.Savins.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Queenie,
I have no connection to the Goodwillie name but have read this thread with great interest.
Have you ever been able to establish which Charles Goodwillie from Fife was your ancestor?
Wish you luck with your research and obtaining the photos Arohaa has posted about,
Regards,
Looby :)

Offline queenie3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Looby
Thanks for your continuing interest. No luck in finding where Charles Goodwillie #1 was born. So frustrating. But I won't give up -this latest bit of luck finding out about Charles Goodwillie #2 and the shearing gang is a bolt out of the blue - fabulous good fortune.
Regards
Queenie
Atkinson. Empson. Overton. Lynch. Revell. Wood. Peagram. Stanford-Davis.Savins.

Offline ailsawarren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 August 18 06:22 BST (UK) »
Hī Queen I have Charlie goodwill in my tree who married a Maori girl kuni have pic too of them but not sure how to get it to you. Kuni was my ggg grandfathers sister... Charles was a ship builder when he lived in purakanui, they moved to Riverton southland where he died. Their house is still there but just some planks etc now... You have relations from that side still living in bluff. Good willies married ackers, fowler's, etc... Hope this message gets to you c
Burton, Kershaw, Castle, McDonald, Tregea Cunningham Warren/Warena
Nelson Wellington Auckland Dunedin Greymouth

Offline ailsawarren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 August 18 06:38 BST (UK) »
Riverton māere has info plus try Ngāi Tahu for whakapapa My dad the good Willie years ago being associated to kura from purakanui/ waitouaiti area outside of Port chalmers and above otago areas.... All her old bones are between there and waitouaiti
Burton, Kershaw, Castle, McDonald, Tregea Cunningham Warren/Warena
Nelson Wellington Auckland Dunedin Greymouth

Offline Kuini Goodwillie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 13 August 18 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Looby
Thanks for your continuing interest. No luck in finding where Charles Goodwillie #1 was born. So frustrating. But I won't give up -this latest bit of luck finding out about Charles Goodwillie #2 and the shearing gang is a bolt out of the blue - fabulous good fortune.
Regards
Queenie

Offline Kuini Goodwillie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 19 August 18 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Queenie3, I,am the great,great grandson of Charles/Kura Goodwillie. I'm currently researching the Goodwillie whanau and came across the shearing gang photos in the latest Panui from the iwi. Charles Taare(William) Goodwillie and Kuini(Kararaina)are my great grand parents, their daughter Cathrine Kiti Stevens(Goodwillie)is my grandmother and Hilary Vivian Moyle(Stevens) is my mother.I would be interested in PMing you re the Goodwillies when I qualify to do so.If you want copies of shearing photos get in touch with Ngai Tahu archives.
regards
Kuini Goodwillie