Author Topic: Jersey lookup request Helleur/Amy family  (Read 21549 times)

Offline Toni Helleur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jersey lookup request Helleur/Amy family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 March 10 08:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, dont worry I was the same when I replied to Lisa  :)

Yes of course she can email us on (*).  I can forward our family tree to her.  I found this site slightly confusing so I would persume Yvonne may also.  I actually came across this site by mistake as my son Javan googled his own name!

Im stoked as we are both going to France in May and really want to go where Dad is from etc.

I will give you some rough info that I have in front of me.  Please note there maybe more to add, but Its to exciting to wait.  So will fill you in as best as can now.

Frederick arrived in New Zealand around 1840's (I can give exact dates when I dig out our book) and yes arrived in Akaroa, Banks Peninsula Canterbury.  Dad has voyage details of how and why they arrived in Akaroa.

Lillys parents where FREDERIC (actual spelling) HELLEUR b 1830 and ELIZA HARRINGTON m 1858.  What Dad has is 11 children here on this tree.
Florence b 7th Aug 1858, Elizabeth 1st Aug 1860, Ellen 1862, Eugene 18th Feb 1866, Fredrick 24th Oct 1868, LILLY 5th Oct 1870, Rose 1872, George 5th Oct 1874, May 15th Jan 1877, Henry 1879 and Winnerfred 2nd July 1882.

Frederick (from above) parents where FREDERIC FRANCOIS b 1796 d 1875 m ANNE PIPON b 1800 d 1841.  Married date ?  They had 5 children.
Anne Elizabeth b 1823, Elizabeth 1825, FREDERIC 1830, John 1832 and Helen 1836.

Can send more via email  :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Toni Helleur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 March 10 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Dad dug some info out!

Ship was called MONARCH left the London docks 19th Nov 1849. 

Sailing went well until they reached Tasmania, where the Captain tried to run into Hobart as they were short on provisionings.  The ship was blown off course and hove to for 4 days.  Then the captain decided to sail around the North Cape for Auckland  which was the planned destination.  That evening the 5th March 1850, having been 106 days at sea we were in very rough seas and the rudder has broken away.  There was nothing for it, but to run with the wind driving the vessel south of Stewart Island.  On the 18th March, a temporary rudder was rigged by the carpenter and passengers in attempt to save themselves.  They eventually headed for Port Chalmers, all went well until the 24th March.  When off Cape Sanduers, the jury rudder broke away.  The vessel was imminent danger of going ashore.  Soundings was taken at 9.15pm, 25 fathoms.  10pm 12 fathoms and the  Captain gave the order to let the star board anchor go with the full length of chain.  Towards midnight the winds changed and blew off shore.  "Weigh anchor" up came the chain with no anchor for it had not been properly shackled.

Few more dramas happened.................

The vessel was met by boats with fresh supplies on the 1st April a mile from the heads of Akaroa Harbour. 

Landed 2nd April 1850 in Akaroa.  41 settlers decided to stay in Akaroa, Frederic and Eliza being amongst that stayed.

Hope you enjoy this!

Offline mirella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 March 10 08:47 GMT (UK) »
thats all terrific toni - thank you so much - will get my head around it and email yvonne later this evening - she will be thrilled - thank you for your email address also, i will pass it on to her.

think i am a bit confused with the info from lisa on this site which refers to francois and esther helleur nee amy - is that another family altogether?

Offline Toni Helleur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 March 10 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes Lisa branches off from FRANCOIS HELLEUR b 1802 he married ESTER AMY.

Now FRANCOIS father is FRANCOIS HELLEUR B 1768 married Suzanne Le Gros.

FRANCOIS brother JEAN HELLEUR b 1763 is FREDERIC FRANCOIS (who married Anne Pipon) father.

Ive colour coded, as you can see there is so many FRANCOIS'S AND FREDERIC'S AND FREDERICK'S!  no wonder we are confused!

Offline Toni Helleur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 March 10 09:03 GMT (UK) »
All 3 of us Yuvonne, Lisa and my Dad desend from MATTHIEU HELLEUR  d 4th Nov 1705 married Suzanne Alexandre 1681

Offline mirella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 March 10 09:29 GMT (UK) »
think i have it now!!!  have been browsing on the lds site and have found matthiew helleur and susanne alexandre so will track back to them tomorrow - a bit overwhelming at this time of night - thank you again toni, so very much appreciated, will email yvonne and no doubt she will be in touch - but in the mean time will keep chatting to you - its all so fascinating isnt it - regards ruth

Offline Toni Helleur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 March 10 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome Mirella.  Im more excited now because I definitely know where I want to go when I head to France!

Can't wait to chat to Yvonne, I can't believe its a real relative to my Dad!

Keep in touch, let me know how you go with Matthiew and Susanne. 

Cheers Toni

Offline mirella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 20 March 10 01:27 GMT (UK) »
hi again toni - just received an email from yvonne who said she is blown away by all the information and cant wait to chat to you and your father - i will reply now and give her your email address - just so you know it is not spam when it comes through her address is (*) - my email address is (*) and i will also email you direct if thats okay - my name is ruth coomber, mirella is just my logon id - regards ruth 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail addresses removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Offline nanniebobbin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi just stumbled across your data and read with interest on the Helleur infomation my nephew descends from Wilfred Le Bon Helleur.I always wondered where the Le bon came from and now I think I have the answer,
Le Bon is a place in New Zealand where a Frederick Helleur and his wife Elisha Harrington  lived. I am interested to connect the tree together as I think Frederick & Elisa maybe Wilfred's grandparents. Wilfreds parents were Annie & George.Any hep would be greatly appreciated.Please make contact or email me at * cheers Robyn
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.