Author Topic: Gardiner/Gardner  (Read 11383 times)

Offline MichellesHeritage

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gardiner/Gardner
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 05:51 BST (UK) »
I am a decedent of Jesse GARDINER and Jane Butt. I have all his family history from the time he arrived in Western Australia in1842 on the Trusty. I am having a great deal of difficulty locating any information prior to his departure from Bisley. I only have that he lived in Waterwheel lane and his father was Daniel. No information on his mother.

Offline KRG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

First of all I am decended from Ephraim Gardner also the son of Daniel Gardner also from Waterlane, Bisley ( not Waterwheel lane ), there are only a few houses in that road even now as can be seen on ' ' google earth '.
I know about Jesse and some of his decendants, also that Jesse went to Australia with his cousin Rueben.

Email removed ..please make use of the Personal Message system after 3 posts. Thanks:)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Also it is against RootsChat policy and will be removed by a moderator when it is seen, unless you have removed it first.
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Lestatscat

• RootsChat Extra
  • love to find more
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, a little late to the conversation, but better late then never :D I am a decendant of Gardiner, came across this by chance. My connection  I have just recently found out that my grandmothers parents were not her parents, but grandparents, it turns out her mother was only 20 years old and unmarried when she conceived my grandmother and took off ( I think, as there is no more records of her) after her birth and left my grandmother with her parents to bring up.My grandmothers birth certificate just named Jessie Simpson (maiden name) and no Father. I made the connection when i had a high match with a second cousin with DNA, and she had three people named in her tree Thomas and Gardiner. My grandmothers middle name was Gardiner... didn't take much to put two and two together...
My grandmother was born in 1914 in Sydney to Jess Simpson and who I found to be a  married man of the name Henry Gardiner who had just immigrated to NSW from Bisley England with his wife and children ( his wife had another child just 3 months after my grandmother was born)
I have seen on GEDMatch.com there are WA Gardiner's, and a group on Facebook I belong to Western Australian Pioneer's and settlers there are some Gardiner descendants I have connected with there.
I have opened my tree for public viewing on ancestry,I have Butt in the line. I have been trying to connect my line to WA but have not got there yet, but know I will :D
Bisdee James/Edgar Somerset England 1851
Dodds William/Isabella Ann Middleton Australia 1876 Northumberland
Emerson NSW/Norfolk UK
Gribble Timor Vic, Australia/Gwinear Cornwall UK
Gardiner Henry Bisley UK early 1900s.
Hahnel  Chemnitz Germany/Timor Vic/ Kalgoorlie WA
Hayward- Petersham NSW
Koslovskis Riga/Western Australia
McIntosh NSW/Perthshire UK
Middleton Northumberland/ SA
Osborne Merriott
Shearer Shapinsay
Simpson Kencott
Whittington Thakeham/SwanColonies
Younger Clackmannshire/Gympie/WA

Offline Bernie1951

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 March 18 21:48 BST (UK) »
Jesse Gardiner was one of eight children of Daniel Gardiner and Amey Gardiner (nee Gardiner, father Thomas Gardiner. Daniel's father was James Gardiner, don't have wife's name. James had ten children,
one being William Gardiner b. 1780, married Ann Hudd b. 1782. they had seven children, one being Reuben Gardiner b. 1804.
What exactly do you want to know ?
Bernie... from Oxford Uk

Offline Smithgardner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 January 19 09:19 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of Jesse Gardiner's family which emigrated to Western Australia in 1842.  I have a lot of information about the family after they arrived but have mostly followed my own line.  I'm more interested in going backwards as far as I can.  Where do I start?  My mother had frequent contact with an Alison Gardiner from Stroud but I lost contact after Mum died in 2005.  Any clues?