Author Topic: Saunders from Annbank, St Quivox, Tarbolton  (Read 6880 times)

Offline Tamantara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Saunders from Annbank, St Quivox, Tarbolton
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you are still around I'm one of Richards great grand children  by his daughter Isa . I can still remember him .
Pat Saunders

Offline jimscs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 March 15 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,
Yes I am still around and still trying to trace my ancestors.
Your message is confusing for me as I am perplexed that your surname is Saunders yet you are descended from Isa, whom I presumed married and her name may change, usually does.
I have an Isabella Kennedy Saunders on my database. She was the Daughter of Richard Saunders, born 1876 died 1958 married to Isabella Hainey. Is this part of your ancestral line? if so then we have common Great - Great - Great Grandparents.
Jim Saunders.

Offline Tamantara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 March 15 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Isabella known as Isa had an illegitimate son John Hainey Saunders  who as you can see retained the Saunders name .He was my father .I was born in 1946 so had a few years to get to know my great grandfather Richard . My grandmother visited her father regularly and for a few years I accompanied her . Richard used to take his extended family on the occasional coach trip ,always the highlight of my year . My late wife is buried a few yards from Richard and his daughter Martha in Mossblown .I live ten minutes from St Quivox Parish. Richard still owned the bookies shop back then .Might interest you to know Richard is still remembered in Annbank .At a wedding a few years ago a guest recognized me by family resemblance though I have never lived in Annbank and during a hospital stay a couple of years ago I was regaled with stories about our family from another patient.