Author Topic: Bausor/Bauser help please  (Read 4699 times)

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bausor/Bauser help please
« on: Monday 16 November 09 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Ayone with any links to this surname or any knowledge of the origins of this surname.  I believe there to be an Eastern European link.  Could it be an 'english' version of the surname?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Selena
Perfitt (possibly Ipswich, Suffolk/Surrey)
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)
Bauser/Bausor (Manchester/Salford)

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bausor/Bauser help please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

:)

I think this name comes from the south of Germany and is a nickname for a heavy drinker and eater or spendthrift and is a derivative of "buzen" which means "to feast".

Luzzu
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Selena...on geneanet.org there are 99 familytree results...all the earliest ones 1700 era are from Saarland ,Saarland, Germany...I am going to google it as i`ve never heard of it....I`m intruiged to know where it is....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Do you think that there are any Jewish links here.  I understand that around some parts of Salford there is quite a large Jewish community.

I will have a look o that site.

Thanks for the info.

Selena
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)

Offline david31530

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 May 11 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Selena. Are you still looking for the roots of your name? I have a tree for it going back to a Henry born in 1713. My theory is that the name came across from Flanders in the 1600's with the Hugenot Flemish weavers who were chased out of there on religious grounds. History records that they came to England, but were not allowed to trade in London because of the plague, so they went up to Coventry/Leicester. Some years ago, the Mormons listed all known Bausors - two hundred odd worldwide. A huge part of them live in Coventry/Leicester.

Offline 25selena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 May 11 21:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.  I haven't spent much time on my tree recently so it was nice to get a message from you.  I managed to link up with a Bauser tree which took me back pretty early - to Edgingly, Notts.  I need to double check but I think I start with a Henry!

I will certainly do some reading around this.  Thank you.

So are you connected to Bausors?

Selena
Druce (Bucks)
Parker Bucks)
Gurney (Redbourn, Herts)
Cotton (Manchester)

Offline david31530

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 May 11 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hi again. Yes I am connected - like it's on my birth certificate. What is your connection/reason for the interest in the name?

Incidentally, I did see another theory for the name. It was that it came from the German for a middle-ages mattress maker. mattresses were very rare and up-market then,so it could be possible. I prefer my theory though. Could be both. German mattress maker emigrated to Flanders and got chased out?