Author Topic: William Waters in Aberdeenshire census  (Read 2335 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
William Waters in Aberdeenshire census
« on: Monday 16 November 09 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Can any one see a William Waters in the 1851,1861 or 1871 censuses?

He had a son George Frederick Waters born about 1849. George moved to Surrey and married there 1876. On the marriage certificate his father is given as a gamekeeper, deceased. On the 1881 census George's place of birth is given as Aberdeen.

George's two daughters were Catherine Beldon Waters and Nellie Elizabeth Waters, so his mother may have been one of these names.

Any help appreciated

Jan

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Waters in Aberdeenshire census
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 April 15 12:33 BST (UK) »
I'm bringing this forward in the hope that new records may have come on line or new eyes may spot them.

I'm no further backward with this family. I can't find a William Waters that fits and I can't find George Frederick Waters born about 1849 Aberdeen (according to the 1881 English census) in any records before his marriage in 1876 when he was a painter and decorator. I have the 1881 for him, and the 1891, where he ,unhelpfully, says his POB was Scotland. He died in 1894.

I have some credits for Scotlands people, so I don't want a look up, just to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Offline sallyvcarter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 March 17 22:27 BST (UK) »
I have a family Connection to Waters. What was Williams Birth date? I have a 1830 William Haines waters. The family are Taxidermists which goes with gamekeeping, and Have been in Aberdeen area at times, though were in Kent at that time.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 March 17 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I don't know much about William apart from the mention on his son's marriage certificate  - which of course could be made up information.

His son George Frederick was born about 1849, so I would guess that William was born anytime between 1800 and 1830. George gives his POB as Scotland in 1891 but as Aberdeen in 1881.

George must have been in England by 1876 as he married Emma Elizabeth Ann Hayes in Streatham then, after that they moved to Croydon. It seems odd why I can't find him at all in 1851, 1861 or 1871.   

Offline sallyvcarter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 17 00:19 BST (UK) »
I've looked it up and ours was Kent born sorry