Author Topic: Argyle/Hannam family Blandford Dorset  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Donna M

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Argyle/Hannam family Blandford Dorset
« on: Friday 11 March 05 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi i am hoping to find out more about the family. Sarah Argyle Hannam was married to a relative of mine Albert Henley Cutler. I am interested in finding out more about his wife. I know that in 1871 she was 8 years old and living with her grandparents John and Elizabeth Argyle in The Red Lion Inn, Blandford. Her sister Tryphena was living there too. She was abt 17 then. Then on the census for 1881 her grandfather has died and she is still living with her grandmother and working as a barmaid. There are also 2 other grandchildren of Elizabeth Argyle living with them. One of them was Elizabeth Young aged 5 born Sturminster Marshall ? and the other one i think is William Cramp? born Rutland Oakham. I have the census if anyone needs them. Would love to find out more about the family and also what happened to the parents of Sarah and Tryphena. :-\
Dorset=Cutler, Phillips, Pitfield, Thresher, Christopher, Aplin
Southampton=Bessant, Sothcott/Southcott, Mintrum/Mintram, Hillier, Bird, Cooper, Dawkins, Page, Moody, Pearce
Durham=Emmerson, McGravey
London, Surrey, Kent, Wandsworth=Friday, White, Waghorn, Pizzey
Ontario, Canada=Hopkins

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Argyle/Hannam family Blandford Dorset
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Bingo !

www.dorset-opc.com  search for argyle !

Blandford Forum  1861 CENSUS RG9/1333

32;    ;    Red Lion;    John;    ARGYLE;    Head;    Married;    65;    Licensed Victualler;    Fordington;    RG9/1333F51p6
32;    ;    Red Lion;    George;    ARGYLE;    Son;    Unmarried;    28;    Policeman;    Blandford;    RG9/1333F51p6
32;    ;    Red Lion;    Ann;    ARGYLE;    Daughter;    Unmarried;    20;    Dressmaker;    Blandford;    RG9/1333F51p6
32;    ;    Red Lion;    Sarah;    ARGYLE;    Daughter;    Unmarried;    18;    Embroiderer;    Blandford;    RG9/1333F51p6
32;    ;    Red Lion;    John;    ARGYLE;    Son;    Unmarried;    16;    Scholar;    Blandford;    RG9/1333F51p6
32;      //;    Red Lion;    Tryphena;    HANNAM;    Grand daughter;    ;    6;    Scholar;    Blandford;    RG9/1333F51p6

On re-reading your post, I'm wondering if you have a typo - 1871 instead of 1861 -, or if there were two "Tryphena;    HANNAM;    Grand daughter" ???

the third search result looks interesting:

Blandford Forum Baptisms 1831-1849
Blandford Forum BAPTISMS 1831 - 1849 Transcribed by Michelle Cook from Bishop's Transcripts on LDS Film ...
... John & Betsey; ARGYLE; Blandford; Post Boy 1832; 26-Oct; Sarah dau ...

and the 5th:
1847 no marriages on film 1848 no marriages 1849 no marriages 1849 Faded Document burials are not easy to read
Blandford Forum BAPTISMS 1851 - 1879 Transcribed by Michelle Cook from Bishop's Transcripts on LDS Film ...
... -Feb, Hannah Jane Argyle dau of, Henry & Sarah, CRAMP, Blandford ...

Good hunting,
Bob

PS:  www.dorset-opc.com  search for hannem => 94 documents !
try combinations and "Find ALL words"

Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Donna M

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Argyle/Hannam family Blandford Dorset
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob,
            Just read your email. Thanks for the info very interesting. Cheers. With kind regards Donna
Dorset=Cutler, Phillips, Pitfield, Thresher, Christopher, Aplin
Southampton=Bessant, Sothcott/Southcott, Mintrum/Mintram, Hillier, Bird, Cooper, Dawkins, Page, Moody, Pearce
Durham=Emmerson, McGravey
London, Surrey, Kent, Wandsworth=Friday, White, Waghorn, Pizzey
Ontario, Canada=Hopkins