Author Topic: CONNOR / GARVEY marriage / birth records  (Read 3434 times)

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: CONNOR / GARVEY marriage / birth records
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 15:12 BST (UK) »
UPDATE:

finally found the death cert:
Ellen (as) Elinor Powell died 08 June 1920 aged 75 in Warrington, Lancashire, England (usual address Newton in Makerfield - informant is her son A. O'Connor of Chester)

which uncovered a baptism 04 Sept 1844 in Dundalk of Elinor Garvey dau of John Garvey & Bridget Sheals of Bridge Street

I'm not aware of any connection to the other Garvey family at this time.

John O'Connor died 12 January 1868 aged 31 in Newton In Makerfield, Lancashire, England (informant Ellen O'Connor)

Another child Mary O'Conner was born 27 November 1866 in Newton in Makerfield, Lancashire, England - dau of John & Ellen (nee Garvey)

Offline LaurelOsprey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CONNOR / GARVEY marriage / birth records
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 June 18 08:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response, Plimmerian.

I read your post yesterday that you'd found documentation that clarified the O'Connor/Garvey/Powell line your were tracing.

I've been working on a Garvey family line that lived in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It's just a theory, but I think it's possible the Henry Garvey, Cath (Catherine) McCartney and Ellen Garvey that you posted in the RC Church Baptismal record quoted below may be part of the Garvey family line I'm tracing.  I'll start a new post with more details asking for help.

Thanks again,

Laurel

RC Church bapt
Feb 1847
Ellen Garvey
of Ballybarrack, Haggardstown, Co. Louth
parents: Henry Garvey & Cath McCartney
(no occupation listed)
sponsors: Daniel McCartney & Jane Brennan