Author Topic: *** COMPLETED *** Robert Tulloch b. 22 Oct 1769 in Sanday  (Read 15809 times)

Offline Rosecottage

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tulloch and Pearson of Earlsferry
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 July 13 14:55 BST (UK) »
Saw Chiad's message re Tulloch of Sandbag Orkney.  My maternal great-grandmother was Euphemia Pearson of Earlsferry, dau of David Pearson and Ann Tulloch.  My mother always told me the Tullochs were from the West of Fife - Lochgelly area.  Someone also mentioned a Tulloch in Canada who left Milngavie near Glasgow for Canada.  There was a Meg Tulloch who lived in Milngavie I remember being taken there as a child to visit.  She never married but looked after a brother.

Wemyss is mentioned in details submitted.  Wemyss was a former Parish about 7 miles from Kirkcaldy.  It included the villages/towns of West Wemyss, East Wemyss, Buckhaven, Methil and Methilhill came under this area or Registration District as it was.

My maiden name is Euphemia Eason Sawers.  My great x 2 grandmother was Ann Tulloch of Earlsferry.  The Sawers family of Glasgow in this time era were related to Meg Tulloch of Milngavie through my father's side of the family (Archibald Sawers b. 1904 Govan) and both mother and father were related through two Eason brothers of Buckhaven in the Parish of Wemyss.  Slightly complicated but on the family genealogy.  It would be so lovely to learn more from another relative to either Tulloch or Pearson or even Sawers or Eason.  Sorry if I have confused everyone.

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: *** COMPLETED *** Robert Tulloch b. 22 Oct 1769 in Sanday
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 03:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosecottage, after reading your blog on your Tulloch connection I was wandering if you may be able to help me with my Tulloch query.
I have a Martha Tulloch in my tree born 22 Feb 1842, not sure where but she married a James Sutherland 30 Mar 1866, Calton, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland. Parents I think are David Tulloch and Margaret Fleming. Any help would be greatful.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline mdundas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 February 15 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello rosecottage. I have been trying to PM you with some information regarding your line. I am unable to reach you though as your inbox is full. I would be grateful if you could perhaps clear some space to allow me to send you the message and if you could let me know once you have done so in order that I may try resending it.

Many thanks.

Maxine.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 February 15 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Folks, a wee autobiog' book about Sanday, "Faraway World" by W.Towrie.Cutt, an Orkney boyhood, pub' by Andre Deutsche.

Skoosh.