Author Topic: KEARNEY  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Andrea63

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KEARNEY
« on: Thursday 19 November 09 05:53 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on my tangled Kearney mess. All these Kearney are related to each other ie.. brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles etc..
William James KEARNEY born Grange Co. Armagh ? was a Merchant, married Jane STEELE, two of their children:
{1}Eliza Jane born abt 1822 Grange Co. Armagh, married Edward Johnstone FARRELL (born abt 1827 Armagh, son of Robert FARRELL and Mary KEARNEY)  4 Dec 1850 at  St. Mark's Ch of Eng Co. Armagh. and
{2} William born abt 1823 Grange Co. Armagh, married Jane HALL (born abt 1824 Grange Co. Armagh, dgtr of Alexander HALL and Jane JACKSON } married abt 1848 Armagh. 2 children born in Armagh: Sarah Jane born abt 1849 and William born abt 1851.

Both Eliza and William along with Robert and Mary (Kearney) FARRELL migrated to Australia.
Edward and Eliza FARRELL's dgtr Isabella married Albert KEARNEY, Albert born abt 1859, Armagh, son of James William KEARNEY (possibly brother of Mary above) and Marion PRINGLE married in 1845 at Duddingston Midlothian. Family lore says James William KEARNEY was the Publican of the Pig & Whistle , pub,inn ???. at Armagh. Albert came to Australia as well, and married twice.

Are we all nicely confused now.  ;D
Any help with this mess would be MUCH appreciated

Regards
Andrea
Melbourne Aust
MARLEY- John (convict)Gateshead Durham & Tasmania Australia CAMPBELL- Blair Athol ,Middle Bridge & Finnart Perthshire, Tasmania Australia
SHAW- Arran, Saddell Argyle, Kirkmichael Ayr, Laggan Inverness,Tasmania Australia, Timaru New Zealand.
CAMERON- Appin Argyle, Glen Nevis, Sunart, Dungallon,Kinlochbeg (Carnoch), Lochiel Inverness
MINCHIN- Strangford Co. Down, Tasmania Australia
LOUTHER/LOWTHER- Glasgow Lanarkshire??, Tasmania Australia
PORTER- Writtle Essex, Queensland Australia