Author Topic: Windrigg Kirk, Dalton, Dumfriesshire  (Read 24737 times)

Offline pauld1960

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Windrigg Kirk, Dalton, Dumfriesshire
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 23:45 BST (UK) »
Purplekat,yes my Francis was married to Mary Vivers 1777 Dalton,my connection is through their son Richard born 1780 Dalton.Guess that makes us 3rd cousins!!
Paul
Draper,Allison,Smith,Taylor,Blake,Northway,Perkins,Goatley,Clifford,Clements

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 10 September 14 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Looking at my notes Richard was born 26th March 1780, ann was born on 27th June 1784, she married Robert Blyth and moved to Moffat, Dumfriesshire.  I have sent you a couple of pm's  :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kaypo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 27 August 17 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
I saw this thread about Richard Vivers and joined Rootschat to contribute (if possible).  I know it's a very old thread so may not get any response. 
I'm descended from Richard Vivers b1705 through his son Richard Vivers b1757 and his son Richard Vivers b1781.  I have a transcription from a family bible which mentions that Richard Vivers b1705 was from Yorkshire and died at Murthat farm October 1790.  I wasn't aware of any of his other children until I read this thread tonight, but as far as I've worked out based on your info his children are
1; William born 1745
2; Mary born 1751
3&4; Jennet born 1757 and richard born 1757 - are they twins? 
There's also mention of 3 more but not named? possibly a Thomas?

Richard 1757 married Agnes Irving and I have a record of 5 children. Happy to share any of the details I have, I just wish they'd been more imaginative with the names!

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 27 August 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Kaypo, welcome to Rootschat

My name is Jean, I started this thread and I am descended from Richard Vivers through his daughter Mary born 1751.  I will check through my records tomorrow, on my tablet just now but I think the other are Thomas, Robert, Sarah and Ann but I will check this and along with the birth years tomorrow after work.

It's good to hear from you.
Regards
Jean

Offline kaypo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 28 August 17 22:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jean, grateful for any help and advice.  I've only recently started looking at the family tree but am finding it quite addictive!

Offline purplekat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Monday 28 August 17 22:39 BST (UK) »
Its certainly addictive  ;D

As it happened I haven't had time tonight to look at my notes but I will get back to you on this and would be happy to swap info and give you any help and advice I can  :)

Jean