Author Topic: Kilgallon Co Mayo C1860  (Read 19924 times)

Offline cath g

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilgallon Co Mayo C1860
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 November 14 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello -

Anthony Kilgallon, son of Michael 'Rua' and Mary McDonagh, married Ellen Carroll. Their daughter Mary, born 1891, married William Carney and their daughter Gertrude, born 1923, is my wife's mother.

Apart from Anthony, Michael 'Rua' Kilgallon and Mary McDonagh had eight other children - Thomas, Martin, Bridget, Patrick, John, Mary, Michael and William.

If you think that any of the information I have may be of interest to you, let me know and I will gladly share it with you.

craggagh.

Offline cath g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 November 14 20:26 GMT (UK) »
HI my ancestor came from Sligo/Mayo and she was Bridget Kilgallon.  She came over to the West Midlands, (near to Birmingham) in the 1800s and married John Banks.  I have been trying to locate her family for a number of years.  Could we be related?  Please contact me on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline craggagh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 28 November 14 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello -

I have not come across the name Banks, but Michael Rua Kilgallon's daughter Bridget was born in Mayo in 1864 and could, possibly, be the person you are looking into. I do not have any further information about her at the moment, but if you think it may be her, I could tell you more about her brothers and sisters.

craggagh.

Offline TyroneIre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 01:07 BST (UK) »
We have Kilgallens from Swinford and earlier, Treenagleragh.  I am wondering if any of your family members or you have done family tree DNA testing (with 23andme, FTDNA, etc.).  If so, please let me know, it may help figure out Kilgallen/Kilgallon connections with our documented research.  Thank you.
with roots in the parishes  of Bodoney Lower (Gortin, Rousky, & Greencastle), Bodoney Upper (Cranagh & Plumbridge), and Cappagh (Cullion, Knockmoyle)