Author Topic: Dingley family of Cropthorne  (Read 56310 times)

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dingley family of Cropthorne
« on: Tuesday 24 November 09 12:29 GMT (UK) »

Hi everyone,

My x4 Grt Grandfather was William Dingley born 1755 who lived in Halesowen, Worcestershire and according to the information I've found on the IGI and other peoples family trees was related to the gentry family of Dineley/Dingley from Cropthorne as follows:

Francis Dingley born 1550, Cropthorne, Worcestershire (had lots of children)

Phillip Dingley born 1611, Cropthorne, Worcestershire

Richard Dingley born 1651, Cropthorne, Worcestershire

Edward Dingley born 1688, Alvechurch, Worcestershire

Edward Dingley born 1731 Barston, Warwickshire

William Dingley born 1755, Barston, Warwickshire (moved to Halesowen with Robert Dingley who was a possible brother from Barston)

I'm wondering if anyone else is researching the same family and would like to contact me to share information. I'm not convinced William is related because he wasn't wealthy and was a Nailor by profession but it maybe correct because his line came from the younger children of the family.

Kind regards
Adrian

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Dingley family of Cropthorne
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adrian

Ive done a look up of my MI fiche for Cropthorne but its to much to type out on these pages as Im limited to time by the library (whose computers I use - if you let me have your e mail address I'll send it to you as an attachment (which Ive already typed out) my addy is (*)

All the very best

Phil

ps I shant check my e mails again till SAT

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again Adrian

have you tried lookin at Ancestry world tree, as someone on it is researching the same line of Dingley as yourself - her e mail addresss on world tree is * - I have replied to a lot on world tree but as yet noone has replied to my e mails, I would think that these addresses are well out of date but its worth a try

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare born Worcester City

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline jenniewren10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 January 10 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blackcounry Man

I've only recently discovered that I'm related to the Dingley/Dingley family. My g g grandmother was Jane Dineley b 1825, daughter of James Dineley. The name changed over the years but I have received lots of information on the family from a Neil Cole and a lady in the USA. This morning we went over to Cropthorne Church where we found the tomb of Francis and Elizabeth Dineley who had 19 children! Do you know who you are directly related to?

Jennie ;D

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennie,

I'm sorry I haven't been in contact sooner but I've been so busy working over the Xmas period.

I'm not 100% sure I do have a connection but my x4Grt Grandmother was Nancy Ann Dingley who was the daughter of William Dingley (born I think Barston, Warwickshire in 1755) and moved with his brother Robert to live in Halesowen, Worcestershire. William also had a very large family (15 children) and according to a few other peoples family trees they've traced his family:

Francis Dingley born 1550, Cropthorne, Worcestershire

Phillip Dingley born 1611, Cropthorne, Worcestershire (youngest son of Francis)

Richard Dingley born 1651, Cropthorne, Worcestershire ( son of Phillip)

Edward Dingley born 1688, Alvechurch, Worcestershire (son of Richard)

Edward Dingley born 1731 Barston, Warwickshire (son of Edward)

William Dingley born 1755, Barston, Warwickshire (son of Edward)

However the information isn't sourced so I'm not convinced and was hoping someone had the same connection that had been sourced.

I've been caught out before trusting other peoples information only to disprove it after many hours of wasted research.

Kind regards
Adrian

Offline jenniewren10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adrian

If you take a look at www.goodbytree.com and look for the list of Dineley names you will see that there are very many of them. However I've checked and none of your names match from what I can see. However, if you do a Google check of Dineley or Dingeley and Cropthorne there is much information to be found. Only in the last 2 months have I been contaced by 2 ladies in the USA and a chap in the UK and they are definitely related. In the 14 years I've been researching my tree I have only just discovered that my Jane Lineley was in fact a Dineley - a misspelling by the GRO when sending me a certificate!
Best wishes
Jennie

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 09:54 GMT (UK) »

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for your reply.

I also checked the link you gave and none of my Dingleys seem to appear so who knows.

Due to the large families these early Dingleys had I wouldn't be surprised that the Dingleys from Halesowen were related somehow.

The problem is how to prove it :D

All the best for the New year and many thanks for your help.

Regards
Adrian

Offline jidian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 January 10 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am reseaching this family and have Henry Dingley married to Joanne Pitt of Kyre Park. Henry's first wife was Mary Neville dau of Sir Edward Neville and Eleanor Windsor.

What set me off on this search was Violetta Dingley ba.1757 dau of James Dingley of Ripple, Worcs and any further information on this family would be wonderful.

Offline blackcountry man

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 06:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

It was smashing to hear from another potention Dingley family member and considering how many children these early Dingleys had I'd imagine there's lots.

I think you may have got confused or I have because in your post you state 'I am researching this family and have Henry Dingley married to Joanne Pitt of Kyre Park. Henry's first wife was Mary Neville dau of Sir Edward Neville and Eleanor Windsor. Henry who married Joanne Pitt was the Grandson of the Henry who married Mary Neville (so many Henrys :P).

I've tried to find the connection with James Dingley b 1757 Ripple, Worc and the Dingleys of Charlton but with no luck although I've had no better luck attempting to trace my direct line. I think anyone with a Dingley connection around Worcestershire can safely say they're related somehow to the Dingleys of Charlton. The amount of children Francis Dingley had 19 and 15 survived must mean there were lots and lots of Dingleys living around Worcestershire. My direct ancestor William had 12 children and from my research every Dingley in the Halesowen, Tipton and West Bromwich areas can trace their line back to William or his brother Robert.

I've attempted to research the family and from the information I can find they were from good gentry stock and the connection with the Neville family connected them to lots of noble familes. This said I don't think they were a very wealthy family and from the 18th century the family fortunes went into decline which coupled with the large numbers of them could explain why later descendants were not very wealthy.

The problem tracing this family is just the sheer number of them all living close together and sharing the same names ::).

I'll send you my email address by private message if you want to discuss further.

Great to hear from you.
Adrian