Author Topic: Dingley family of Cropthorne  (Read 56516 times)

Offline Cherryexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dingley family of Cropthorne
« Reply #54 on: Monday 29 April 13 08:08 BST (UK) »
Scarborough,

You may need to supply a few more details (location, children, occupation etc.) for someone to confirm whether you are looking at the same person or not.

Neil
Dineley, Dyneley, Dingley, Dyngley, Dyngeley, Impey, Honeysett, Innes,

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 30 April 13 12:22 BST (UK) »
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline Scarboroughsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Reseraching Dingleys of Halesowen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 19:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help.  I will remember to provide more details next time.

Thanks I have looked at the Black Country Connections pages and it does seem that with it's help I can trace my husbands family back to Edward Dingley born around 1730.  I hope the other side of his Black country family are just as easy

Offline smowabp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dingley family of ????????
« Reply #57 on: Monday 22 July 13 00:43 BST (UK) »
In my tree I have a Esther Dingley married to Thomas Webb, of Birmingham, a watch chain maker. They had 3 children, before Esther died ~ 1758 in Birmingham.
1) Vere Webb, bap 6 June 1754;
2) Thomas Webb, bap 1756 d 1756;
3) Elizabeth Webb, bap 1757.

Thomas remarried 1760.

Looking for any information at all regarding Esther Dingley, or if there is any connection between the Dingley name and Vere name.

Paul

1013 hrs

My apologies. have been down this track before. I did not read my own posts ::)

Paul

Offline Mayday9

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 24 February 14 11:52 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather was Edwin Dingley of Cropthorne.  He moved from Cropthorne to Birmingham and he married Annie Barnes, they had children named Edwin and Ivy.  My mother was evacuated in WW2 to Cropthorne with her sister.  They stayed with Norah Dingley in the black and white cottage at the bottom of the hill.

Offline WAY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 24 May 15 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Adrian, have you ever come across the reference Dud Dudley made to leaving his secrets to his brother and nephew and "to his kinsman Master Francis Dingley"?

Dud was presumably referring to his experimental smelting of iron using "pit coal" in his 1665 publication Metallum Martis which you can view on Google. Are there any early family papers which have been archived by any chance or have you come across any references elsewhere to this fact ?  I appreciate that's it's unlikely any early material survives.

Finally, it's also worth asking perhaps whether you have made links/contact with other researchers also interested in Dud.

Many thanks,
Derek Thom

Offline Cherryexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 23:08 BST (UK) »
Derek,

You possibly already know that Dud Dudley's wife, Eleanor Heaton, was the daughter of Mary Dingley, b. 1579. Mary was the daughter of Francis Dingley, (1550-1624), and had a brother called Francis who died in infancy and another born in 1588 who I can't trace beyond that date and may also have died young. Probably more pertinent to Dud Dudley, she also had at least 2 nephews and a great-nephew named Francis Dingley. Quite which one was the Francis Dingley referred to by Dud is unclear (to me at least), but I have never come across any mention of records being left by any Francis Dingley of that time period. Nor is there any particular link to the Iron Trade or the West Midlands Industrial heartlands.

I hope this is useful, even if it doesn't offer any particular hope of finding original records.

Neil
Dineley, Dyneley, Dingley, Dyngley, Dyngeley, Impey, Honeysett, Innes,

Offline WAY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 23:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for responding Neil. It was a long shot but you've provided more food for thought.
Cheers,
Derek

Offline Grace Login

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 19 August 17 21:00 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was Edwin Dingley of Cropthorne.  He moved from Cropthorne to Birmingham and he married Annie Barnes, they had children named Edwin and Ivy.  My mother was evacuated in WW2 to Cropthorne with her sister.  They stayed with Norah Dingley in the black and white cottage at the bottom of the hill.
Hello
We must be related. Norah Dingley was by that time called Norah Forester. She was a widow and my mother's beloved aunts. My Mum's 100 years old now with Alzheimer's. But she still talks often of aunty and my daughter has started recording tales of cropthorne. I took her back there when she was 93 for a weekend and she met up with a childhood friend who had married her second cousin George Massingham. It was a weekend of memories. Unfortunately I didn't record them.