Author Topic: mclarens perthshire  (Read 72593 times)

Offline Easterachraw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mclarens perthshire
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 19:28 GMT (UK) »
No Gordon. The booklet that you want to ask for is called "Migrating MacLarens" A study of families leaving Lochearnhside 1761-1901.  The authors were Marcia Margaret MacLaren and Archibald Allan MacLaren who were related to the families of this house.  Ask the society for a copy. 

Offline gordon44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 03 February 10 20:03 GMT (UK) »
thanks easterachraw again for your help.    with the date you gave  for Archibald McLaren's birth of 4th march 1761 , have his parents names from familysearch IGI search.             John McLaren and Catharine McLaren , marrying 21st April 1758.

also the date for Margaret King's birth of 4th february 1776 , her parents names.
 John King and Janet McLaren, marrying 14th November 1772.

gordon

Offline clover10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 06 February 10 15:45 GMT (UK) »
i also have been researching this family for along but i can't find much out.  all i know is that my ggg grandfather was james mclaren b c1824 in comrie perthshire scotland and that he married a elizabeth alney from dorset england, that is all i know can you or anyone else help?

Offline gordon44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 06 February 10 16:50 GMT (UK) »
sorry clover 10 , all my male line names are either donald , john , duncan , archibald , peter or 1 malcolm.   what paperwork have you re James , death certificate / marriage etc.

looked on IGI on familysearch , and their are many james mclarens in or around the 1824 timeframe, within 5 years. where did he die , as the death certificate records are usually better than the birth for information.                   gordon

Offline johnmax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 07 February 10 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Clover 10, I have a James bd 1828 Comrie dd 1878. He is a brother of Peter McLaren ( bd 1822, married to Mary Dow 1828 ) Their parents were John McLaren 1797 and Elizabeth Morison 1801. This is all I know about James. I have his grandparents and I am still trying to get back any further.
Cheers,  John McLaren

Offline valr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 07 February 10 15:56 GMT (UK) »
hi Clover can you give us more info? I cant find a James born in Comrie around that time but there are a couple of candidates in Balquhidder. What were the childrens names in birth order? Where did you get Comrie from? Also where did the couple live and marry, do you know?
Val
Scotland -McCall, King, Morrison, Thomson, Mcfarlane, Stewart, Dow, Jolly, Roberston, Christie, Mclaren, Campbell, McGregor
England - Roberts, Steel, Underhill, Brookes, Pope, Stump

Offline clover10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 07 February 10 16:04 GMT (UK) »
johnmax

i'm sorry but i am not certain if he was the brother but i do know that is father was john b c1797 i scotland mother unknown

Offline archieam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 03 May 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
First post, and a hi to Gordon, a distant cousin.
We go back to Archibald the tailor and Margaret King though the Williams (1818, 1866 1895 and 1924 and 1975). Are away from all our research stuff just now but remember your ancestors dying so closely together and the Donald in Dundurn and Archibald in Ardveich. Couldn't get back beyond Catherine and John in Carnlia with their Archibald born there in 1761.
Hope for more later. Any sign of the Duncan (1809) or Donald (1821)?
archieam

Offline gordon44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 04 May 10 06:31 BST (UK) »
hi archieam , no sign of those two yet , but they may turn up . will leave a personal message for you to contact me via e mail address. i take it you are in the clan maclaren society? the booklet that i have from them , migrating maclarens is very good , confirming much of the information that i had.
gordon