Author Topic: HOBSON family, Co Tyrone  (Read 3004 times)

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mary Hall nee Nevins 28-9-1914 - 16-3-2011
    • View Profile
HOBSON family, Co Tyrone
« on: Monday 30 November 09 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help!

I am trying to find out more about a William Hobson born c 1810-1820 in Co Tyrone.

According to the marriage cert of my 4 x great grandmother Maria Hobson, he was her father.

The marriage of Maria Hobson and Arthur Magee took place on 8th Sept 1857 in Donaghenry Church of Ireland. Maria was full age- 21 or over, Arthur was 20 years old.

Arthur's place of residence was Tivenagh Parish in Ardtrea, Maria's was Ardpatrick Parish in Donaghenry.

However I can find no records of a Hobson family in Donahenry.

Their first (and only child I can find) was baptised Benjamin (in Dufless Parish, Ardtrea 1858), and although I have found quite a few records of a Benjamin Hobson that the child could possibly be named after, I cannot make any connection to any other Hobson families.

In my research I have come across Hobsons in Moy, Co Tyrone and also a possible Quaker family in Grange, Co Tyrone. I just cant connect them to my William or Maria!

Hoping that someone out there can shed some light on the problem!

Many thanks

Liscoole
 8)
MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone

Offline Christopher Hobson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: HOBSON family, Co Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I’m hoping this can help. My grandmother spent years researching our family tree, here is a snippet which I feel matches your criteria. If you want more info or detail, or to chat, please get in contact.

I’m unable to upload a photo as the file is too large, but I’m happy to email it to you if you give me your address. You can see William Hobson, 1807, married susanna lamb, and has a daughter Maria.

Tree dates back to 1554
Chris

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mary Hall nee Nevins 28-9-1914 - 16-3-2011
    • View Profile
Re: HOBSON family, Co Tyrone
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris
Thank you for your reply!
I would indeed be interested in seeing your tree, my own Hobsons are descended from Quakers but disowned around 1800 i think!
If you make 2 more posts you will be able to send me a personal message PM directly and we could then exchange email addresses for more info. Dont post your email on the board. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks
MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone