Author Topic: 1814 Marriage Lookup Wellington Shropshire  (Read 7908 times)

Online angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
Re: 1814 Marriage Lookup Wellington Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 19:05 GMT (UK) »
From 1841 onwards my lot are in Ketley. George & Mary with their children George, James & Mary. Their daughter Elizabeth had died in 1824 age 10 and William was married.For some reason I'd saved William & Sarah's 1841 census to my Ancestry shoebox at some point, I must've thought that they could be related in some way. I have a public tree on Ancestry if you want to have a look and see if you can spot anything.

If the 1821 ages are accurate then the most likely parents for your William would be William & Margaret. My George is shown as 29. Another Mansell family on the same page of the 1821 is that of Joseph Mansell 23, Sarah 20 and baby Jane 3mths. It would be interesting to see if there was any link between any of these Mansell households and to find out who Thomas is.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jmulvey

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1814 Marriage Lookup Wellington Shropshire
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 April 15 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am descended from the Mansells who came from Ketley, Salop to Stockton-on-Tees.  My grandfather was William Edward Mansell, his parents were William and Lydia, his parents were William and Elizabeth Archer and so on.  I have Challinors in the tree.  Would love to connect - Julie Mulvey