Author Topic: Tebby Family Aynho  (Read 1933 times)

Offline familyfinder2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tebby Family Aynho
« on: Monday 30 November 09 22:42 GMT (UK) »
My branch of the Tebby family came from here.

Anybody else researching them?

Offline bikermickau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Tebby Family Aynho
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 November 16 23:07 GMT (UK) »
I know this is a old post, familyfinder2 was last active - Sunday 30 August 15 09:22 BST (UK)

It looks like my wife descends from Samuel Tebby b about 1846 in Aynho, Northamptonshire, son of James Tebby born abt 1792 in Aynho, Northamptonshire and Elizabeth born abt 1802 in Over Worton, Oxfordshire. (per 1851 Census)

I've just started researching my wife's Tebby ancestors and we very recently met a couple of her Tebby 1st cousins in Warwickshire whilst we were holidaying in the UK.
Jeffs - Northamptonshire to Leicestershire to Queensland, Australia
Lewis - Wales to Gloucestershire to NSW & Queensland, Australia
Iddols & Baylis - Gloucestershire
Mary Jones, daughter of James Jones and Eliza - born abt 1864 Staffordshire, died 1948 Queensland, Australia
Dorans - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Ralph - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Jillett - Robert, Transported Convict from Surrey
Christison - Edinburgh,Scotland
Cameron - Edinburgh, Scotland

Offline familyfinder2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tebby Family Aynho
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 December 16 20:46 GMT (UK) »
I know this is a old post, familyfinder2 was last active - Sunday 30 August 15 09:22 BST (UK)

It looks like my wife descends from Samuel Tebby b about 1846 in Aynho, Northamptonshire, son of James Tebby born abt 1792 in Aynho, Northamptonshire and Elizabeth born abt 1802 in Over Worton, Oxfordshire. (per 1851 Census)

I've just started researching my wife's Tebby ancestors and we very recently met a couple of her Tebby 1st cousins in Warwickshire whilst we were holidaying in the UK.

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply!

I think we (or rather your wife and me) could be related. Samuel is a younger brother of my great great grandmother. Have you seen this site re Samuel incidentally?

http://www.ourfamtree.org/browse.php/Samuel-Tebby/p433654

One thing I will mention in case you are unaware is that James Tebby married twice, firstly, in 1814, to Betty GARRETT and secondly, in 1824, to Elizabeth PRATT. Samuel (and my great great grandmother) therefore descend from Elizabeth PRATT.

All the best to you both.