Author Topic: Aughamore or Aghamore near Ballyhaunis  (Read 15994 times)

Offline clonsk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aughamore or Aghamore near Ballyhaunis
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been doing family research for just over two years and just noted this thread on this website that I have not previously utilised.

Noted those on this rootschat thread relative to McLoughlin connections and if still applicable to you, James McLoughlin of Mountaincommon, Aughamore was my great great grandfather. I have a lot of associated details relative to the area and the family outlined. Can compare details and investigate connection further. Indeed, noting timeframe on this email thread you may have ratified family connections at this stage

Offline MaryFMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 December 11 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello, nice to hear from someone else!  If we've got the right James McLoughlin, we could be 3rd cousins.  I haven't really got much closer to ratifying the information!  I'd be keen to hear more!
McLoughlin, Galsworthy, Latham, Quemby, Kirkland, Yates, Jauncey, Tester, Rainford, Nolan, Steventon, Harding, Baughan, Morrison, McVoran, Sinclair, McArthur, Lindsay, Wilson (Ayrshire), Stevenson (Ayrshire); MyPartner's research names: Bodman, Denison, Gledden, Dunn, Mitchell, Bartram, Pickard, Toas, Barff, Deighton, Addyman

Offline clonsk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 December 11 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, noted your email. I hope that I am not presuming or hoping for connectivity but for the last hour I have trying to check all my records to give some indication of connection and although I have a lot of details even the circumstantial evidence looks promising!I will try to be brief and I have more information although some of details were forwarded to me by another cousin in Ireland who was also relayed the details previously. I am hoping that you may have details that relate to Michael McLoughlin that may have some connection to what I will outline. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that you are connected but it is possible! (I have more details)
I can safely state that James McLoughlin and Mary Kneafsey (both born circa 1830) were my Gr Gr grandparents from Mountaincommon, Aughamore, County Mayo. James's father was called Michael from the same area born circa 1800. Based on details received and researched, I think that I located six children, Patrick, Tom, MaryAnn(Maria), Bridget, Catherine(Katie) and Margaret and now maybe Michael. He would be the oldest boy and a couple of years older than Patrick and likely to be named after his grandfather to follow Irish customs. I can give more details on these possible siblings and wonder was there communications in the early 20th century with family in Ireland?? For instance, all Margaret's boys (Morris) went to Lancashire at some stage from Ireland in the early 20th century! Other married sibling surnames like Morris above are Conboy,Garvey and maybe Glavey??? Mean     

Offline clonsk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 December 11 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Was about to add more detail and got cut-off. Just to add that I could send you more details by email. For public confidentiality purposes, I could send you details to your email address.

Offline maryalex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 December 11 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Mary,
I got no further with my brother-in-law's genealogy after December 2009.  Michael McLoughlin & Jeanie Kirkland were his grandparents.  His paternal great-grandfather was James McLoughlin whose wife may have been Mary Kneafsey.  You or Clonsk may be able to confirm eventually whether or not she was.

[The earliest paternal ancestors I could find for Jeanie Kirkland were her grandparents but I managed to find four great-grandparents on her mother's side.]

Mary

Offline clonsk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 December 11 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just to confirm that I am related to James McLaughlin and Mary Kneafsey. I have details on this family that I have forwarded to maryFMcC. Can forward to your email address. I cannot 100% confrm that Michael McLoughlin is a son of james McLoughlin/Mary Kneafsey but getting close relative to circumstantial detail so far. Need extra information as illustrated by a sporting detail to 'push the ball over the line'!

Please feel free to forward an email address to me if you wish.

Offline HarryMcL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hello

Just seen this thread and registered on the site.

Hope I’m doing this correctly. 😊

My name is Harry McLoughlin. I am the son of Gerard McLoughlin who was born in the family house on Higher Lane in Rainford in 1919. His father was Michael McLoughlin who married Jane McLoughlin (formerly Kirkland). My grandfather, Michael, died before I was born but I have fond memories of my grandmother Jane who lived, I understand, to the age of 95. I was always told, as a child, that my dad’s dad came from Galway but that’s all I know.

I would love to hear from anyone who can tell me any information about my Irish roots.

Thanks.

Offline MaryFMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 22:30 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness Harry,  I've been looking for you!  :D You are my mother's cousin!  I had no idea where you were living though.  I couldn't remember your own mother's maiden name - do I remember rightly that she was Dutch?  I have pictures of you with my Mum (Theresa McLoughlin) when you were a young toddler, and one with you as a boy and me as a baby!!!  See attached.

I'm very sorry to have to tell you that Mummy passed away last February, just two weeks after my Dad.

Please could you message me privately, and I'll send you my email address?
Much love,
Mary McCarthy, nee Galsworthy

Hello

Just seen this thread and registered on the site.

Hope I’m doing this correctly. 😊

My name is Harry McLoughlin. I am the son of Gerard McLoughlin who was born in the family house on Higher Lane in Rainford in 1919. His father was Michael McLoughlin who married Jane McLoughlin (formerly Kirkland). My grandfather, Michael, died before I was born but I have fond memories of my grandmother Jane who lived, I understand, to the age of 95. I was always told, as a child, that my dad’s dad came from Galway but that’s all I know.

I would love to hear from anyone who can tell me any information about my Irish roots.

Thanks.
McLoughlin, Galsworthy, Latham, Quemby, Kirkland, Yates, Jauncey, Tester, Rainford, Nolan, Steventon, Harding, Baughan, Morrison, McVoran, Sinclair, McArthur, Lindsay, Wilson (Ayrshire), Stevenson (Ayrshire); MyPartner's research names: Bodman, Denison, Gledden, Dunn, Mitchell, Bartram, Pickard, Toas, Barff, Deighton, Addyman