Author Topic: Butler's and McNamara's of Crusheen.  (Read 19567 times)

Offline finanpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Butler's and McNamara's of Crusheen.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,

I just came across your post, I am interested in the John McNamara who married Catherine O'Keeffe, I know he was born in 1842, and alive for the 1911 census, do you possibly have his death date. I have a little bit of info if u want it about this family, Stonepark is a townland in Crusheen. Talk soon, Claire

Offline Ringoroses

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 May 14 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire,
No, sorry, I don't have a date of death for him I'm afraid. If you make two more posts, I can PM you and we can share info privately. Nice to hear from you.

Ann

Offline finanpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 May 14 13:28 BST (UK) »
thanks

Offline finanpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 May 14 13:28 BST (UK) »
thanks

Offline Niarda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 August 14 09:08 BST (UK) »
I am a member of the family Mc Namara of Loughanabrone .The house is still there Myo Okeeffe lived there .This is not stonepark, but they were the related  McNamaras. I do not think they would have sent a carriage for anyone . When they visited Dublin they went by train. Bridget McNamara my grandmother became OKeeffe in marriage. I have a lot of information on the McNamara side , The Butler bit is new to me . I think there is sime confusion in your information, There was a Landed gentry family of Butlers in Crusheen but not any marriage connection to Mc Namaras  that I know of . Of course there were many other butler families, I think the carriage bit is fanciful. Niarda

Offline Ringoroses

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 August 14 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hi. If you make two more posts, I can pm you and contact you directly to discuss further.  :)

Offline Niarda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 August 14 12:53 BST (UK) »
 :) I am a bit busy this week. there were at least 2 families of McNamara in Loughabrone .
on the new road which goes through both farms you can see a 2 story farm house and on the old road a cottage beside a dolmen.  Jim and Mary McNamara married sometime around 1850 and had eight children ANNE ,Michael,timothy(tadhy) Rita Katie Lizzy Bridget and Mary. None married Butler.
nor do I know of the stonepark marrying any Butler so this does not fit
Nairda

Offline Niarda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 04 August 14 13:17 BST (UK) »
I will be away tomorrow for a few days . I forgot to say Jims wife was O'Malley . I think you might be better looking up the Butler side they are more likely to afford to send car to Dublin.

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 December 15 13:00 GMT (UK) »
William (lV) Thomas Butler 1838-1867 of Bun(n)ahow married a Margaret McNamara in the early 1860's. They had 5 children in quick succession. After her husbands death Margaret shut up the house and let it go to ruins. There are 2 baptisms John B  in 1860 and Bridget B in 1865 to William Butler of Bunahow to Bridget McMahon. From the civil reg for Bridget, William is a "gentleman" and from Parish records she is illegitimate. I suspect that the John was my Greatgrandfather despite listing them as married and William a labourer on his NZ marriage cert in 1896. I assume he did not want to admit to being a bastard of "old english" gentry.William(V) aged 7 inherited the properties on his Greatgrandfathers (William II) death in 1871