Author Topic: Daniel Mills King Laragh  (Read 16469 times)

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Mills King Laragh
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 April 10 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I came across the name Daniel Mills King in a family documents. He was a trustee with Edward Semple to a marriage settlement dated 21/10/1817 between William Wainright Lynar and Isabella Semple and John Semple (Isabella's father).
I suspect a family link between Daniel Mills and Daniel Mills King.
Ion
Lynar: Dublin/Wicklow
Fawcett: Dublin
Mills, Mills King: Dublin
Semple: Dublin
Exshaw: Dublin
Duggan: Dublin
Heatley: Bray
Sparks: Greenwich London
Merrick : London

Offline ambyrne1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 April 10 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Ion,

yes i actually seen that marraige settlement myself. Daniel Mills is Daniel Mills King... He inherited the name King in a will that was left to him by Thomas King in Kingston 1811. So he became Daniel Mills King.
Wilson: Kirkoswald, Scotland and Dublin
Breen: Hendrick Street, Brunswick Street,Dublin
Moore: Kildare and Dublin
lyons: Hendrick Street and Brunswick Street,Dublin
Donnelly: Marrowbone lane, Braithwaite street, Dublin
Byrne: Mercer Street, Dublin
Mills: Dublin, Wicklow
Higgins: Dublin
Gray: Aryshire, Scotland
Mills King, Wicklow and Dublin
Donegan, St Catherines Parish, Dublin
Murphy: Enniscorthy and Ballybanoge, Wexford
Browne, Crean, Kelly, Keavney: Sligo.

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 April 10 23:38 BST (UK) »
Ann Marie,
Thanks for the information on Daniel Mills/King. There is possibly a link between the Lynars and the Kings. I wrote to an E.S. Gray living at Glen Clova Ans Scotland in 1991 but did not get a reply. He was researching Lynar along with a few other names. It is interesting how names changed with an inheritance. The same happened in my family. James Fawcett married Hannah Lynar probably around 1760 and their decendents from William Lynar Fawcett were all known as Lynar. I suspect it was because of an inheritance from Alexander Lynar who died around 1801 in Dublin.
Thanks
Ion

Offline mowbar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 June 15 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I live in Kingston near Rathdrum in Co. Wicklow. Kingston House was the residence of Thomas Mills King, and the house was the seat of Wicklow at one point. There are no graveyards around that area at all (Kingston) as for a church, there was a church on the estate of Avondale which was probably used by them. There is an old graveyard outside Rathdrum called Kilcommon, but it is more likely that gentry were buried in bigger towns, like Parnell was buried in Glassnevin.

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 June 15 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi. Interested to hear that you live in Kingston and I hope you can help me with a query. James Fawcett, my 5th great grandfather lived at a property called Avon Hill about 1 klm west of Kingston probably overlooking the river Avonbeg. He was buried on 31 March 1804 at the Rathdrum Parish Church (C of I). He was a Church Warden. Do you know if Rathdrum had a C of I church in the town. According to Griffith's Valuations Ävon Hill is located in townland of Ballyknockan Lower. Avon Hill was the address of William Tomlinson (son in law of James Fawcett) who lived on the property in 1833 when his sons Arthur Wellesly Tomlinson and Charles Fawcett Tomlinson married. According to Google Maps the property is still called Avon Hill Farm and is used as K9 Boarding Kennel. Have you any knowledge of the property and are there any structures dating back to when James Fawcett lived there. He was a builder and owned other property in Dublin and may have constructed a house on the property. Cheers, Ion

Offline mowbar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 June 15 15:41 BST (UK) »
There is a church of Ireland in the town and a graveyard attached I do know where the house is but I have only been there once as it is down a long lane overlooking ballinaclash. There are old buildings but I couldn't tell you the age sorry.

Offline mowbar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 30 July 16 16:06 BST (UK) »
did you find out anymore information, I have Daniel Mills King buried September 16th 1818 from Rathdrum parish records.

Offline ion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 31 July 16 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have found a few bits and pieces of the family tree including parents of James Fawcett being Charles and Elizabeth. Also the reason for the change of name from Fawcett to Lynar for some of James Fawcett's grandchildren. As it turns out Alexander was not the cause but I need to find out more about Alexander Lynar treasurer for Co Dublin. Cheers Ion

Offline Scrambler60

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 05 January 23 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I'm not sure whether my message yesterday was posted or not, so trying again.

James Fawcett was my 4x great grandfather and i am interested in the family tree which Ion has built up. Particularly but not exclusively his parents being James & Elizabeth, and the sources of this info.

Thanks.

Mike
Hi, I have found a few bits and pieces of the family tree including parents of James Fawcett being Charles and Elizabeth. Also the reason for the change of name from Fawcett to Lynar for some of James Fawcett's grandchildren. As it turns out Alexander was not the cause but I need to find out more about Alexander Lynar treasurer for Co Dublin. Cheers Ion