Author Topic: Eliza Davidson c1829  (Read 5007 times)

Offline David Harrison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Davidson c1829
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 June 15 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, I think these people may be ancestors of my husband. Thomas crout/ copeland would be his great, great grandfather. According to an older relative there may have been a change in surname in our family at some point (possibly to avoid the law!) but the possibility of step family etc seems to fit well with the info we have so far - any other information anyone has on this family would be particularly appreciated! :-)
Thomas Edward (Copeland) CROUT was my Great Grandfather, Married to Mary FARROW from Nordelph in Norfolk. His parents were Joseph William CROUT and Eliza DAVIDSON (Nee CROUT). She married Henry COPELAND after Tommy's Death. Henry was also a Boiler maker so Tommy & Henry must have known each other. My Gt Grandfather was using the COPELAND name for a while hance the confusion. My Grandmother is one of his children (youngest of 12 born in 1907) Lily Violet CROUT who married John Robert HARRISON. I have lots and lots of information about most of the CROUT family and all associated Grandparents on the female side but have not looked at my files for over 5 years and really wish to get back into it, so here is a good start. What else can I help you with.
By the way my Grandmother Lily V HARRISON wrote a book all about her life which was published back in 2002 when she was 95. It is called Corridor of Doors but I would think is unobtainable now. It won the best Non Fiction book of the year in Maryland USA where she had emigrated to.

Regards

David (Harrison)

Offline Lil-mis-confused

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Davidson c1829
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 June 15 21:55 BST (UK) »
How interesting! My husbands great grandmother was ethel Rebecca crout born in 1902. She would be Lily's older sister. She was a seamstress. I have managed to trace the Crout line back to a william crout born in 1628, but any details you have on ethel and the family would be very interesting. I have found the book by lily harrison as an ebook so will definitely try to make time to have a read!
Have also found a website with lots of details about john Davidson and charlotte Dunmall, who were Eliza's parents - not sure if you've also come across it? (Not sure how to add a link on here?)