Author Topic: Solomon Lee /Annie Lee/Buckley  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Sharon Romany

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Solomon Lee /Annie Lee/Buckley
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 January 10 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra
thanks again for your reply,glad you have Franks info I know all three of there siblings very well,as for my Buckleys I haven't heard of Clifford Buckley where and who did he descend from ? I must add that when I was 8 we lived next door to a Rose Smith she was someone my parents knew well  funny if that turned out to be the same as the Rose you have stated, I know she had a son John and a daughter Rosie, anyway someone else for me to have a look in a hope of making some more for the Buckley branch.
thanks again
Sharon.
Bigginton/Biggington  Woolwich/ Canterbury/Deptford/Lewisham
Buckley,Essex,Canning Town,Eastwood,Rochford,
Lee,Essex,WestHam
Howsego,Essex,Canning Town,Westham,
Cooper,Essex,Dagenham
Freshney.
Litson

Offline Cheryl16

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 August 10 20:31 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this?

Solomon Lee 32
Maria Lee 25
Fanny Lee 5
Ned Lee 2
Eliza Lee 9 days

Class: RG12; Piece: 541; Folio 97; Page 22; GSU roll: 6095651.

There is an index of Lee  on the Census on the Romsearch website.
http://romresearch.wetpaint.com/forum

The owner of that site has done a lot of research around the Lees in London. It might be a good place to ask more.

Smith, Burrell. Covell, Stonebridge

Offline Sharon Romany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,Cheryl16,thankyou for your reply,I have posted on there now so fingers crossed someone might reply.I was a bit unsure as to why my topic was locked as although I have posted about my Solomon before I felt this was a bit different, I did not mention Fanny Lee or the possibility of Solomons wife being a Maria,maybe I should have just worded it differently.

Thanks again Sharon

Bigginton/Biggington  Woolwich/ Canterbury/Deptford/Lewisham
Buckley,Essex,Canning Town,Eastwood,Rochford,
Lee,Essex,WestHam
Howsego,Essex,Canning Town,Westham,
Cooper,Essex,Dagenham
Freshney.
Litson

Offline ScallyW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 August 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon,

My thoughts on this is that if there is some doubt over the true name of your gt gran (being Annie or Hannah) and the only definite information you have on her is her year of birth and her father's name of Solomon who habited the area of West Ham at some point, then I would say that it isn't impossible that she was in fact Fanny Lee, daughter of Solomon and Maria.  Of course a birth certificate of some sort would be ideal, either for Annie or Hannah.  Do you know when exactly she was born?  Any idea of a month, for example?  That would help if you did find a possible birth record.

The Fanny and Solomon quoted above were reportedly born in Plumstead and Greenwich respectively but certainly a lot of the Lee family settled in the East London area.

I have this Fanny Lee on my tree and the fact that I don't have any information on a husband for her, nor have I seen any elsewhere, does at least open up the possibility to us to not discard her for being married to someone else...(does that make sense....? I'm not sure if I made it clear).  If there were documented proof that this woman had husband and family elsewhere, we would have to eliminate her from the list of possible ancestors for you.  If she's 'spare' and 'unattached', it improves the chances.

Paternal family names: Lee & Smith
Maternal family names: Hollis, Lambert, Donaghue & Osborne.

Offline Wendy Stephens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 10:26 BST (UK) »

Hi all researchers any help what so ever would be appreciated,I am trying with no luck at all on finding out about my Grt Grt grandfather Solomon Lee,the only info I have is that he was at the wedding of his daughter Annie Lee in 1903 marriage to Duey( Duriah) Buckley Franks son, she would have been 19  they lived in Bidder street in the county of West Ham, the marriage certificate states fathers name and surname as Solomon Lee and profession Labourer it was witnessed by B.H Pullinger and E.J Sledgwick  the wedding took place in St Gabriel's Canning Town, sadly I do not know who my grt grt gran was and have no info on her,I was hoping that someone out there is doing a tree on My Lee surname and could possibly shed some light, I know there are many Lee researchers but he must be known somewhere,I have lots of Buckley info which is fantastic and have shared  lots of this with other Buckley researchers,I would also like to add that I have never found a birth or baptism certificate for my grt gran Buckley, hope to hear from someone soon.

thankyou in advance Sharon

Offline Wendy Stephens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon.  My Father is Eddie Jones. His father was Ned Jones born in Green St Green, son of Fannie(maiden name Lee)  married to my GG grandfather Samuel Jones, her perents  were Solomon and Maria Lee.  Solomon and maria are buried in St John's the baptist West St. Erith Kent.  Solomon died 20/9/1927 Maria 1937.  Last time I went to the grave with my dad's cousin Olive Lee daughter of Tilley(matilda) sister of Fannie, who was born in Charlton.  Some of our family live Essex and Kent.  If you look up solomon and maria Lee from belvedere, in Google search your find more imformation about my family you can also find pictures of the gravestone in billion graves.  Not sure if my GGG grandparents are the same Solomon and Maria you Family.  Good Luck