Author Topic: Devon Travellers - Sanders  (Read 17416 times)

Offline portholemike

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Devon Travellers - Sanders
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 September 10 15:09 BST (UK) »
hi cathay, if it,s any help,i have,alfred penfold [born] 1849--marston,somerset,--died 12 dec 1940---
stibb cross,langtree,torrington,devon

spouse, louisa small,born 24 may 1850 stonehouse lane,plymouth devon----married  15 april 1871---
died 3 april 1928--sc,l,t, devon
devon,dorset,somerset.wilts,cornwall,hants

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 September 10 15:14 BST (UK) »
i have replied to you on your other post and sent you my email address by pm.email me and we can share info cousin.it was our granny and grandad  got married the same day and i think another couple.it was a triple wedding!!!!!!i got som pics of the day aswell.i also got a pic of henry and ocean penfold.ocean was our great aunt on the other side of the family too.sanders we still got plenty in the family.
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 September 10 18:48 BST (UK) »
yes we are related.i have pmed you with my email address so we can share photos and info.i have some stories about old uncle bob!!!!!our granny and grandad got married same day!!!

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 07 October 10 20:49 BST (UK) »
did you know george sanders/saunders died.he is being buried saturday at south molten.will you be there?if so i migh see you.funeral is at the church 11am.

Offline Ian2904

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 08 October 10 11:42 BST (UK) »
Sorry Cathay, I won't be around for a while.  Parents aren't too well health wise at the moment, and so I would prefer to stay close if I can.

We should definitely meet up at some time though.
Hughes - Devon Romany family
Sanders - Devon Romany family
Penfold - Devon Romany family
Kelly - West Ham London
Wood - Stanford Rivers Essex
Gentry - Stratford London
Trew - Stratford London

Offline jennydo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi ? My first time on so not sure what i am doing !!! Been reading info on Henry sanders and wife Harriet /penfold (my great grandparents). I have 1911 census living van horwood downs frithelstock great torrington . Children named includes my grandfather Christopher sanders age 5 newton tracey devon any other info on sanders family
jenny
pl please

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 21:59 BST (UK) »
WHAT YEAR IS HENRYS BIRTH?I HAVE MANY HENRY SANDERS /SAUNDERS IN MY TREE SO I EXPECT I CAN HELP YOU AND WE ARE LIKELY TO BE RELATED.OFF TO BED NOW SO WILL SPEAK I HOPE TOMORROW.

Offline Ian2904

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi ? My first time on so not sure what i am doing !!! Been reading info on Henry sanders and wife Harriet /penfold (my great grandparents). I have 1911 census living van horwood downs frithelstock great torrington . Children named includes my grandfather Christopher sanders age 5 newton tracey devon any other info on sanders family
jenny
pl please

Hello Jenny. 

If you're looking at the 1911 census, then it would appear that you're my second cousin.  Your grandfather Christopher was my grandmother Phoebe's younger brother.  From the information I have, there were four more children born after this census was taken.  Genty in 1911, Louie in 1918, Henry in 1915, and Edward in 1918.

My grandmother Phoebe - line 3 on the census, married Noah Hughes and had two children, Harriet (named after her mother) and Edward - my father, named after her youngest brother.  Incidentally, Christopher and Phoebe's brother Moses - line 4 on the census, appears to have married Noah's sister Polly Hughes. 

I believe that there are still Sanders' living around the Stibb Cross area.

Cathay is the fount of all knowledge as far as I'm concerned, but feel free to get in touch if you like.

All the best

Ian
Hughes - Devon Romany family
Sanders - Devon Romany family
Penfold - Devon Romany family
Kelly - West Ham London
Wood - Stanford Rivers Essex
Gentry - Stratford London
Trew - Stratford London

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 11:03 BST (UK) »
right I think I know where we are coming from now.i have yet to look at my tree to see just who you are.but we must also be second couisins to you.i will confirm that later when I look at the tree.however noah hughes and polly hughes were joes(my husband)great aunts, Mosey married our aunt but was sadly killed many years ago.Moses children are our first cousins.i am just talking about the family as I know them personally at the moment.will look at the tree this afternoon and tell you more.Hi Ian we must be related aswell then??I cant place you at the moment??please enlighten me? regards all cathay birch.Moses wife now remarried still lives in Great Torrington.She also lived in frithelstockstone for awhile.harriet penfold is of course related to us to and I expect I can follow her line down to you aswell.we of course know our cousins who still live down that way the( sanders)