Author Topic: LEES Children NSW  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LEES Children NSW
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 February 10 02:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dav,

Thank you for the info, I did have most of it but you did help by giving me the parents of Thomas, I never had their names so thank you for that.

I am still trying to find marriages for the children but without success, I will keep searching I am bound to find them sooner or later.

Regards

Shari

Offline Maz239

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lees Children NSW
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 July 10 08:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Shari and Alison,

Alison, in your reply to Shari you listed George b. 1894 and married to Rosabel Harriett Smith in 1941.

George Lees and Rosabel Harriett Smith were my parents.  They were married in 1941 at Rockdale but George was born on 28 Feb 1911 in Redfern and died on 20 Dec 1972.
His parents were William George Lees 1869-1938 and Mary Ann Mathers 1874 – 1919.

I am trying to get more information about another George Lees born in 1817.  He married Susannah Priest on 20 Sep 1840 in Sydney.  I believe he was born in Lancashire but that is all the information I have on him.

Sorry to muck up your George.

Maz
Tew - Northampton
Lees - Lancashire, UK
Andrew - Devon

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 July 10 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Maz,

Thank you for correcting the wife of George Lees, I have now deleted  Rosabel and hope to find the right one some day soon.

I wouldn't call it a muck up Maz.........it's far better to have the right wife than add the wrong one any children that may not belong to them and have to delete them all, I have done that more that once.

Regards

Shari

Offline Shaz63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tonkes/Morris/Myers/Fisher/Lees/Ryles/Ellis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 March 11 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Just found this page on Lees from Bourke.
Well I have George Lees
born 1894 Barringgun Bourke NSW. FAther Thomas Lees mother Anges White.
But I have George married Sarah Ann Myers birn 1833-1873
They had 5 Children
George Military records are: Military
2883 Private George LEES, a 21 year old Station hand from Barringun, New South Wales. He enlisted on 31 January 1916 with the 6th Light Horse Regiment, 20th Reinforcements. At the conclusion of the war, he Returned to Australia, 24 July 1919.
He is my 3rd Great Grandfather. So is this right or has somebody got different. Please contact me (*)
Shaz

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Offline Shari

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 March 11 02:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shaz,

Thank you for the info on George Lees and his family, I had all but given up on finding anything for any one of the children for Thomas & Agnes Lees.

I do have death dates for  most of them but no marriages or families, I may have to start searching again now that  you have given me family for George.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Kind Regards

Shari

Offline Shaz63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tonkes/Morris/Myers/Fisher/Lees/Ryles/Ellis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Well I am not saying I am exactly correct, only going on what I have been given and it is looking like it fits, below is a little of what I have.
George Lees
Spouse Sarah Myers
Children
1   Abigail Lees
Born 24/5/1860 Port Adelaide SA reg no Ade 15/360
2   Mary Ann Lees
Born 10/12/1862 Port Adelaide SA reg no Ade 27/38
3   Samuel Richard Lees
Born 30/8/1864 Port Adelaide SA reg no Ade 31/406
4   Robert Lees
Born 8/6/1866 Port Adelaide SA reg no Ade 43/392
5   Sarah Lees
Born 2/1/1868 Port Adelaide SA reg no Ade 60/82

2883 Private George LEES, a 21 year old Station hand from Barringun, New South Wales. He enlisted on 31 January 1916 with the 6th Light Horse Regiment, 20th Reinforcements. At the conclusion of the war, he Returned to Australia, 24 July 1919.
2884 Private Thomas LEES, a 23 year old Station hand from Barringun, New South Wales. He enlisted on 31 January 1916 with the 6th Light Horse Regiment, 20th Reinforcements. At the conclusion of the war, he Returned to Australia, 24 July 1919.

Mary ann LEES son: John Hanson
Born  (1/9/1885 Dockville SA reg no PtA 359/250 - father John Hanson, mother Mary Ann Lees)
Died 1962 Dockville SA 14/7/1962 (Seaton North SA reg no Hin 942/4990 aged 76yrs)
Vera Doreen Hanson (MY GRANDMOTHER)
Born 9/9/1916 Rosewater SA reg no PtA 985/203

Hope I have it all right.
Shaz

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shaz,

I hope I am missing something but I am terribly confused by all this.

We have Thomas LEES = Agnes WHITE in 1887 in Newtown NSW. Thomas and Agnes had 8 children in Bourke NSW. We have Dav with the death cert for Thomas listing him as aged 86, born in Scotland and having lived in NSW and Vic for 85 years. His wife was Agnes White. His 8 children were named all tallying with the 8 births provided by Alison. According to the cert Thomas' parents were John LEES and Isabel BURNETT.

In your posts you mention the service records for two of this Thomas sons which also tally. In your first post you stated George was your 3rd great grandfather. Now in your latest post although you still mention the sons of Thomas and Agnes from Barrigun with service records  but now you have listed a family from SA which seems unconnected to Thomas and Agnes (or I have completely missed the connection.) - The family of George LEES and Sarah MEYERS. You have listed 5 children born to this couple in SA in the 1860s - Daughter Mary Ann LEES had a son John HANSON and his daughter Vera Doreen HANSON is your grandmother.

Can you please explain how this family connects with the family of Thomas LEES and Agnes WHITE in NSW.  ???

You are still listing two of Thomas and Agnes's sons service records in with the family of George and Sarah MYERS in SA. What is the connection between the LEES family in SA and the LEES family in NSW? What do these service records have to do with George LEES and Sarah MEYERS family?

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk