Author Topic: Freakley  (Read 9480 times)

Offline Theresa C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Freakley
« Reply #18 on: Friday 09 January 15 22:19 GMT (UK) »
hi Mac, I missed that one, probably because she died as a child and I got all the names I have from my mothers address book.  Have been looking back through my notes and discovered that I had known Margaret Perry was married before because in the notices of banns she is down as widow and she and my grandfather were living together at 19 Aylesbury Road, Walworth.  His brother Harry and his wife Alice also lived there.  I knew I had come accross another Charles Bluff and it was my mothers oldest brother born 1916 died 1917 he was Charles Harry Bluff Freakley.  If you go on Ancestry at all I have a public tree on there, not sure it is as up to date as the tree on Genes Reunited but it is not far off.

Regards, Theresa

Offline Dougalmac2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Freakley
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 10 January 15 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi mrssuz

I read your post with interest.

According to FreeReg ( http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl ) Alice Freakley had 4 illegitimate children christened in Standon, if its the same Alice - James 1788, Ann 1794, Mary 1798, John 1804.

There only seems to be one Alice born 1766 Daughter of William and Mary (nee Begot). They were married  1759 and their children were Mary 1760,
Hannah 1763 died 1766, Alice 1766, Margaret 1766 died 1766, Hannah 1769 Ann 1772 and William 1776.

William appears to be the son of William and Mary (nee Shelley) married 1720. Their children were Mary 1723, Margaret 1725, Elizabeth 1728, Ellen 1732, Catherine 1734, William 1736, John 1742 and Joan 1746. According to Familysearch.org they also had a Daughter Ann in 1721.

These are all taken straight from FreeReg so I have no other confirmations. Most are repeated in Familysearch.com.

Hope that gives you something th think about.

Theresa

I had Charles Harry Bluff but only as Charles H.B. from FreeBMD so every bit of Knowledge adds to the sum.

Our local library service gives free access to Ancestry.co so I will chase that up next time I go.

Thanks a lot

Mac
Macdonald/McDonald Kent, Edinburgh
Simpson Lancs
Lomas,Lancs
Fawcett Lancs
Smith Staffs
Freakley Staffs
Gillingham Kent
Varney Oxon
Varney Warwicks,
Humphrey Northants