Author Topic: Agnes Wheldon Dunlop  (Read 15180 times)

Offline Cheleia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Wheldon Dunlop
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 December 12 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Agnes Wheldon Dunlop was born Oct.19,1917 in Helensburgh to Daniel Dunlop and Elizabeth Barr would be my Great Aunt.

Offline Cheleia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 17 December 12 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Nan had two children. A daughter (who I believe is now deceased) who lived in Australia and a son, who lived in Australia with his mother, Nan. Nan was divorced once and married twice.

Offline Cheleia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 December 12 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Daniel married Elizabeth McCourty BARR "Bessie",
daughter of Alexander Archibald BARR and Elizabeth Holly KELLY,
on 31 Dec 1910 in Renfrew, Renfrewshire, Scotland.

Bessie was born 1888 in Renfrew, Renfrewshire, Scotland.
She died 1 Oct 1951 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
They had the following children:

Thomas DUNLOP "Tommy" was born 14 Apr 1910 in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
He died 10 May 1973 in Hillingdon, London, England.

(My Grandmother):
Elizabeth Wholly Barr DUNLOP was born 28 Apr 1911
Died 11 Feb 1981 in Hamilton, Ontario Canada

(My Great Uncle Dan)
Daniel Wheldon DUNLOP Jr. was born 14 Nov 1913 and died 1995.

(My Great Aunt Nan)
Agnes Wheldon DUNLOP was born 19 Oct 1917 and died 1995.

(My Great Aunt Vicki)
Emily Victoria DUNLOP was born 13 Jan 1921 in Rhu/Row, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
Date of Death: Unknown

(My Great Uncle Archie)
Alexander Archibald Barr DUNLOP was born 23 Jan 1923
and died 20 Jan 2010.

Robert DUNLOP "Bobby" was born 13 Apr 1931 in Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire, Scotland.
He died 11 Mar 1968.
Residence: 1951,  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Edward Barr DUNLOP "Eddy" was born 15 May 1932 in Rhu/Row, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
Unknown if Living

Residence: 1951, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
                  1955, London, England.

Hope this helps !

Offline Cheleia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 December 12 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Second Generation

Elizabeth Wholly Barr DUNLOP "Bessie" (Daniel Wheldon) was born 28 Apr 1911 in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. She died 11 Feb 1981 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and was buried in McAfee Cemetery, Bertie Twp., Welland Co., Ont., Canada.

Bessie married William James JOHNS. William was born 18 Mar 1900 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. He died 4 Jan 1984 in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada and was buried in McAfee Cemetery, Bertie Twp., Welland Co., Ont., Canada.
They had one child:
Elizabeth (Margaret) JOHNS was born 1 Aug 1935 (Living)
Fort Erie, Ontario Canada

Daniel Wheldon DUNLOP Jr. "Danny" (Daniel Wheldon) was born 14 Nov 1913 in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. He died 1995.
Residence: 1951, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Danny married Mary A. MACDONALD.
Daniel Wheldon DUNLOP (Living - Alberta Canada)

**Agnes Wheldon DUNLOP "Nan" (Daniel Wheldon)
was born 19 Oct 1917 in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. She died 1995 in Australia.
Nan married (1) Harry Smith MCGREGOR,
(son of James Johnstone MCGREGOR and Mary TIMPANY)
on 22 Dec 1937 in West Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
The marriage ended in divorce.
Harry was born 3 Feb 1916 in West Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
He died 24 Sep 1994 in Clydebank, Old Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.

Nan also married (2) A. MACDONALD.
Agnes MACDONALD (Deceased-DOB/Date of Death: Unknown)
McDougall MACDONALD (DOB Unknown/Living Unknown)

Alexander Archibald Barr DUNLOP "Archie" (Daniel Wheldon)
was born 23 Jan 1923 in Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
He died 20 Jan 2010 in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada and
was buried 1 Feb 2010 in Queens Park Cemetery, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Archie married Alice Jeane MACDONALD (sister to Dan's wife Mary A. MACDONALD) about 1951.
Alice was born 2 Jun 1924 in Sibbald, Alberta, Canada.
She died 19 Oct 2008 in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada and was buried 25 Oct 2008.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 December 12 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cheleia

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Wow, what a lot of info for fortitude. Can I ask you a favour please? I think, from what I read of your details, that likely many of the people you have mentioned have now passed away as you have included death dates for many. For those that you haven't, can you please edit any details for those that may still be alive?

RootsChat's policy is to protect living people's details and privacy at all times.

Thank you, and welcome again to RC.

Monica

PS: To edit any of your posts, just click on the 'modify' button on any specific post to make changes and then 'save'.
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cheleia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Update:

Emily Victoria DUNLOP was born 13 Jan 1921 in Rhu/Row, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.

Date of Death: 2008 in Helensburgh, Scotland. (Just found that out this evening during my research)

Offline Judi MacDonald

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 03 September 15 08:51 BST (UK) »
Agnes Wheldon Dunlop (Nan), after her divorce from Harry Smith McGregor married Kenneth Kennedy MacDonald ( died 1st April 1972 in Bankstown NSW and was cremated at Rockwood Crematorium and had 3 Children , Agnes (also known as Nan) born 26th February 1942, married John Mitchell (deceased November 1995) and is  living in Lorn, NSW, Australia. Kenneth born 1945 died 1951 Scotland, aged 6, and Colin Douglas ( Called Dougal) born 2nd July 1950. Agnes Wheldon MacDonald died 24th June 1996 at her residence in Hope Valley, South Australia and was cremated at Enfield Memorial Park in Adelaide South Australia.

Colin Douglas married Judi Dawne (Russell) on 21st January 1995 at Scared Heart Catholic Church in  Flinders Park, South Australia and they had a son Kenneth Alexander MacDonald (Known as Alex) on 28th January 2002. Colin and Judi live in Christies Beach, South Australia.

Agnes Wheldon Dunlop and Kenneth Kennedy MacDonald are believed to have been married in Scotland date unknown in a civil ceremony due to her being divorced.

Agnes Wheldon Dunlop and Harry Smith McGregor had a son also called Harry and after the divorce Harry (the father) was given custody of the son, we believe this was due to Agnes having an affair.

Agnes Wheldon Dunlop and Kenneth Kennedy MacDonald traveled from the UK on the Arcadia  and berthed at Cirqually Quay in 1962.

As you can see Agnes Wheldon Dunlop wanted to leave the past behind her when she traveled to Australia and travelled under the name Jessie MacDonald and even gave a false date of birth

MacDONALD Kenneth Kennedy born 28 February 1908; Jessie born 10 September 1909; Agnes born 26 February 1942; Colin Douglas born 2 July 1950; travelled per ARCADIA departing UK on 16 March 1962 under the United Kingdom and Australian Government Assisted Passage Scheme.

This information came from this site      http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/NameSearch/Interface/ItemDetail.aspx?Barcode=3377317&isAv=N

Offline Agnetha

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 September 15 13:04 BST (UK) »
Agnes Wheldon Dunlop was born Oct.19,1917 in Helensburgh to Daniel Dunlop and Elizabeth Barr, she was living in Clydebank in 1951 and married to a A. MacDonald. I found a marriage for an Agnes Wheldon Dunlop to a Harry Smith McGregor in West Kilpatrick, 1937. Would anyone know if this is the same Agnes?

Agnes Wheldon Dunlop born on the above date and married? to Kenneth Kennedy Macdonald was living in Dalmuir [nr.Clydebank] in 1951 and continued to do so until emmigrating to Australia in March 1962. 
She was married to a Harry Mcgregor of West Kilpatrick in 1937 and had a son Harry born 1939?.  Harry's father got custody of the child.
Agnes Mitchell [ne Macdonald] born 1942 to Agnes W. Dunlop and K.K.Macdonald.  Married John Chalmers Mitchell, Dec. 17th 1977 [deceased 1995] and lives in NSW, Australia
Two other chidren were born to Agnes [Nan] and K.Macdonald: Kenneth 1946? [deceased] and Colin Dougal 1950