Author Topic: PAGE - Home Counties 18th century  (Read 2349 times)

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
PAGE - Home Counties 18th century
« on: Thursday 31 December 09 20:33 GMT (UK) »
I'm researching the PAGE branch of my family tree - would be interested in sharing information with others with PAGE interests in Surrey, Kent, Middlesex areas. My direct ancestor gave his birthplace as Charlwood, Surrey, 1780s, though I have nothing else to link him with the area, and he does not appear in the parish register. Other places relating to this family include Uxbridge, Hayes, Central London, Greenwich and (possibly) Rickmansworth.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Ian

Offline walrusje

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PAGE - Home Counties 18th century
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 March 11 23:08 GMT (UK) »
hi
My gt grandfather was joseph page,on the 1881 census he was living in deptford,where his eldest daughter matilda was born but she was baptised in notting hill.He then moved to edmonton where my grandmother ellen was born in 1890.
regards
walrusje

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PAGE - Home Counties 18th century
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your response - however, as far as I can tell the names you mention are not related to my ancestors. The fact that you mention Deptford is interesting, as some of Charles Robert Page's life was spent in or near Deptford. However, none of his brothers had children called Joseph, and all his sons (with one exception) migrated to Tasmania.
Best of luck with your search IAN