Author Topic: Brennan's of Ballykilmore, Tyrellspass 1883  (Read 10532 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan's of Ballykilmore 1883
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 January 10 13:43 GMT (UK) »
I have just found James Jnr's army sign up papers for the Royal Scots regiment for one year from 1914 which now lists his family including my grandfathers details but interestingly list his birth place now as Tyrells Pass in the County of Westmeath not Baly Kilmore.  Does anyone know if these are the same areas....

They are right beside each other - less that 1km apart - see google maps :
Tyrrellspass, Co Westmeath to Ballykilmore

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan's of Ballykilmore 1883
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 January 10 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Shane

Offline Linda1950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Brennan's of Ballykilmore, Tyrellspass 1883
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 June 12 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Linda,

My name is also Linda. My grandmother was born in Tyrellspass in 1886, her name was Mary. Her Parents are James Brennan & Julia Brennan, formerly Brennan. I am trying to find out if she had brothers or sisters. I have came across your GG grandfather James Brennan with the same parents. I also have found a Rose, Mary Anne, Christopher & Catherine. The children were born between 1871 - 1893. All born apart from Rose in Castletown-Geoghan, she was born in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath. I don't know if this is the same family as yours. I've just came back from visiting Tyrellspass this week. I wanted to see where my Grandmother was born, hoping to hear from you.

Linda (also living in Glasgow!)

Offline Linda1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 June 12 23:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Linda

Lovely to hear from you. Sorry to be so late in replying to you today.  It's a good few months since I worked on my Brennan side of the family tree so I will get out all of the documents I have and familiarise myself with all the names again.  I actually gave up hearing anything to help my brother and myself with the Irish side of the family tree , as you probably know you can only get so far and then you come to a complete standstill. Great to hear you actually visited Tyrellspass too , I haven't but my cousin has,  he says it's beautiful.  Can I just ask  :  Rose, Mary Anne, Christopher & Catherine, do you think they are your grandmother Mary's brothers and sisters?   I will take a wee look at the tree and get back to you .
Regards Linda

Offline Linda1950

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 12 11:05 BST (UK) »
HI Linda, thank you for replying, Im not sure if they all belong to my Grandmothers family, I hope so, my Grandmother married my Grandfather in 1910 in Glasgow but she had been married to a Thomas Greene before that and had six children with him, all born in Glasgow, I will be phoning the priest of St Stephens in Tyrrellspass soon re access to Parish records and I also  met a resident on Monday when I was there who said he would try and get information for me as there are still Brennans living there, will be in touch once I receive any information. Thanks for looking at your tree for me.

Linda