Author Topic: JERVIS/JARVIS,William c1840,Donegal  (Read 4791 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
JERVIS/JARVIS,William c1840,Donegal
« on: Monday 14 March 05 19:04 GMT (UK) »
William Jervis/Jarvis was born c1840.
He married a Margaret Colhoon/Colhun c1865 in Donegal.
In 1872 he was listed as a farmer
They had: James born Jan 1866 in Pettigoe,Co Donegal
Margaret  born Feb 1872 in Pettigoe, and an Isabell born c 187?.
Margaret and Isabell came to the Phil.Pa USA.
Margaret married a Frederick F Foley in Dec 1898 in Phil Pa.
Isabell married a man named Smith/Smithy/Smiddy,probably in the same time frame of the 1890's/This couple remained in the Phi.Pa area
Does anyone recognize any of this ???????
Margaret and Frederick eventually ended in in BC Canada and the rest is history
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline hpro

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JERVIS/JARVIS,William c1840,Donegal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 March 15 04:56 GMT (UK) »
I know your post is ten years old, but I thought I would reply to your enquiries about the Foley family.  My grandmother was Florence Jane Foley.  She was born on 16 Sept 1906 in Vancouver, B.C. to Fred Foley and Margaret Foley (nee Jervis).  Fred was born in 1862 inEnniskillen, Ireland and Margaret (or Maggie) was born in 1872 in Pettigo, Ireland.  I believe Margaret came to America on a ship called the Ethiop when she was not yet a teenager (maybe 12?).  She and Fred married in Philadelphia in 1899. I can share a lot more information if you are interested.