Author Topic: Dean Thomas North  (Read 8753 times)

Offline annewat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dean Thomas North
« on: Tuesday 05 January 10 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, Been trying to find My Great Grandmother for about a year now her name was Sarah Ellen Waring born in Barnsley Yorkshire in 1887, she married a Dean Thomas North in 1907 in Morton Yorkshire and then the only thing I have on them is the 1911 census which states. They still lived in Morton Yorkshire but by now had 2 sons Richard Henry North born 1908 and Tom North born 1910. Dean was a very unusual Christian name in the 19th century so I tracked down a death in Oakham Rutland in 1964. Of a Dean T North age 92. If any one could help me with the North family in Oakham it would be much appreciated!
Regards Brent
Watson, Great Wymondley
Watson, Barnsley
Waring, Barnsley
North, East Morton
Winstanley, Barnsley
Hotchkiss, Barnsley
Gaskell, Barnsley

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dean Thomas North
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Haven't you got their marriage certificate?  That will give her father's name and therefore give you a much better chance of finding her in an earlier census.
Andrea

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 10:24 GMT (UK) »
As you have the 1911 census you will know Sarah's place of birth and there is a very obvious candidate in the right place at the right time on www.freebmd.org.uk     Getting that certificate will give you both parents' names.   If you have spent a year looking for her in other sources then perhaps the time has come to pay for certificates.  Sometimes it is the only way and it does ensure that you have the right person.
Andrea

Offline annewat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 20:54 GMT (UK) »
As you have the 1911 census you will know Sarah's place of birth and there is a very obvious candidate in the right place at the right time on www.freebmd.org.uk     Getting that certificate will give you both parents' names.   If you have spent a year looking for her in other sources then perhaps the time has come to pay for certificates.  Sometimes it is the only way and it does ensure that you have the right person.
Andrea

Hi Andrea,
Maybe I have not been too clear in my post. I have Sarah Ellen Waring's birth cert, Marriage cert and 1911 census info. I am trying to come forward in time on the tree.
Sarah Ellen Waring had my Grandmother out of wedlock and left my Grandmother with her sister. And disappeared in 1906. Every thing from 1906 was a mystery to my entire family. Its the link to Oakham Rutland that I'm trying to unravel! I have sent for Dean T North's death cert (1964) and Sara E North's death cert (1960) and also a marriage cert of their eldest son marring in(1962). I was hoping that some one would have a link or know of the North's in Oakham in the early 1960's late 1950's.

Regards Brent
Watson, Great Wymondley
Watson, Barnsley
Waring, Barnsley
North, East Morton
Winstanley, Barnsley
Hotchkiss, Barnsley
Gaskell, Barnsley

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Ah.  We don't usually work forwards on rootschat!     We are also careful not to post any details of living people so if the couple who married in 1962 are still alive then it would be best if you remove their details.  Click on the modify button and then click save once you have amended the post.
Andrea

Offline annewat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 January 10 00:48 GMT (UK) »
whoops sorry have modified the post.
Watson, Great Wymondley
Watson, Barnsley
Waring, Barnsley
North, East Morton
Winstanley, Barnsley
Hotchkiss, Barnsley
Gaskell, Barnsley

Offline annewat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Still no luck hooking up with any one else researching the North family of Oakham 1923 to present day.
My main goal is to get hold of a photograph or Sarah Ellen North nee Waring (1875-1960).
If any one knows of any North's living in Oakham area could you please let me know?
Regards Brent
Watson, Great Wymondley
Watson, Barnsley
Waring, Barnsley
North, East Morton
Winstanley, Barnsley
Hotchkiss, Barnsley
Gaskell, Barnsley

Offline willam1234

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 May 15 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Brent,

looks like your grandmother was the sister of my grandmother.

Offline Sue Scarfe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hello...you might have found out more about Dean North by now...if not, I have been researching the North tree and might have more info for you...