Author Topic: Henry Cunningham abt 1784  (Read 17472 times)

Offline phillbrett68

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Cunningham abt 1784
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 June 10 14:37 BST (UK) »
hi jane take your time i have plenty on at the moment actually so take as long as you need ok when i find a photo of my jane cunninghame and john hall i will send it on to you ok
just that i am in the middle of a complete hardware transfer i am putting everything on a new computer and because i have a lot of stuff it is oing to take me a while so dont worry to much about how long it takes you ok all the best jane chat soon
phillip
broomfield queensland australia new zealand hampshire england
cole queensland australia new zealand chorton devon england
monk new south wales australia queensland australia
hall queensland australia ayrshire scotland cumberland england
cunninghame cumberland england ayrchire scotaland
timms victoria australia queensland australia buckinghampshire england oxfordshire england
studders australia all

Offline phillbrett68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 June 10 02:32 BST (UK) »
here is a photo of my john hall and jane cunninghame ok i can say it was taken before 1905 because john is dead by then ok
if anyone else has photos of the cunninghame line send them through id love to see any thanks
phillio
timms victoria australia queensland australia buckinghampshire england oxfordshire england
studders australia all

Offline JaneyJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad: John Parkinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 June 10 02:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Philip,

When and where was Jane Cunningham/Hall born and do you have parents names?

Yours Jane.
Edinburgh: Parkinson, Young, Richardson, Melrose, Arnott
Lanarkshire: Richardson, Muir, Buchanan, McMurtrie
Dumfieshire: Richardson, Muir.
Travelling Folk: Young, Cunningham, Wilson, Hartley, Knowells, Clark, Sewall, Swales.
Bristol: Jones, Cleak, Greening.
Exeter: Jones, Gregory, Greenslade, Pannel.

Offline phillbrett68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 21 June 10 03:42 BST (UK) »
hi jane my jane cunninghame was born in 1851 in scotland parents names are hamilton cunninghame and ann brough married in 1848 all saints church cockermouth cumberland
but on jane cunninghames marriage certificate it says she was 17 and that was in 1866 so im guessing she was born in 1849 not 1851 when i have a bit more time i will scan all the certificates i have ok and send them on to you so if you send me your email address i will try and get them scanned when i can ok chat soon jane

from phillip
studders australia all

Offline mikizz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 June 10 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi janey, are you the one who was looking for a marraige of a jane cunningham to a hall. I thought i had seen it on this page but cannot find it. I think i have the Halls you are looking for.I am Cunningham. The census info in the yorkshire area will be the right ones .Violet hall 1894? married Jeremiah Edeson in Leeds dec 1914 . Her brother Arthus Hall b1899 married Jeremiahs sister Annie b 1897.My grt grandmother was violet Edeson. Jeremiah and annies sister.Violet Edeson married Joseph cunningham.Arthur and violet halls father was Daniel Hall B1861. All birth dats vary on birth death and marraige certs so might be why you are more confused.I also know burnsides.

Offline mikizz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 21 June 10 13:26 BST (UK) »
I have a jane cunningham born abt 1886 york she is daughter of richard cunnigham b1885 selby yorkshire and elizebeth morrison b abt 1861 burnley.

Offline JaneyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 21 June 10 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Mikizz and Phillip,

Still not my Jane Cunningham, mine was born in Grantham Lancashire in 1861.

1871 Census for Boothfold, Newchurch, Lancashire.
Ref: RG10/4135

William Cunningham age: 47, occ: Hawker, born: Oldham
Margaret Cunningham age: 46, occ: Hawker, born: Oldham....maiden name Gordon
Jane Cunningham age 9, Scholar, born: Grantham, Lancashire.
Margaret Cunningham age 5, Scholar, born: Sheffield.....she was me G/Grandmother.

Mikizz, it wasn't me who was looking for the Hall connection, maybe it was Phillip, I know what you mean about birth dates, I think our lot told little fibs... ;)

Phillip, couldn't find your Hamilton on the 51 or 61 census, tried Scotland and England.
Have you put your families details on  Family Research? there is quite a bit of info about your lot, did they end up in Australia.
Hamilton is quite an unusual traveller's name, what was your families occupation's.

Yours Jane.

Travelling Folk: Young, Cunningham, Wilson, Hartley, Knowells, Clark, Sewall, Swales.

Offline phillbrett68

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 21 June 10 15:01 BST (UK) »
hi jane i do have him on the 1851 census which i shall attach ok well i believe it is him ok now what is family research is it something on here although i have been a member for more than a year have only really been active this last month or so ok so still getting use to the site ok and yes jane i am the one with the hall connection i have a jane cunninghame marrying a john hall ok i do have some certificates but not many but i hate it when they put of full age on a certificate that really ruins it chat soon
bye
phill
studders australia all

Offline JaneyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 June 10 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip,

I'm  so sorry, I really should read threads more carefully, you gave me all the census info a few threads ago  :-[

My excuse this time.....is I've got a cold....it's nearly man flu....really... it's bad  ;D

The Family Research site I mentioned is a free site full of birth, marriage death info, they have information taken from lots of different sources have a look on www.familysearch.org, it's collected by the Mormons, play around on the site and you will be amazed at what you find.

Yep I hate the full age thing too, in Scotland they have a really good system which really gives you loads of info to help you track down parents, witnesses etc, and when I have to use the English BMD's I get really frustrated.

Well Phillip, still not able to see a link with my lot...I've read the threads properly this time  ::)....but with a good Scots named like Hamilton to go on, there has to be one there somewhere, time will tell.

Yours Jane