Author Topic: Richard CAINES Coroner of Somerset  (Read 5545 times)

Offline paullo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard CAINES Coroner of Somerset
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 August 11 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, you may find the following of interest re Defiance Coach.
Oct 13 1808 - advert in Exeter Flying Post - Defiance runnng from New London Inn , Exeter to Bristol Mon Wed Fri 6 p.m arriving Bristol 9 a.m.

Jul 23 1827 Accident between Celerity Coach and Defiance - Bristol Mercury.

Nov 22 1838 - Coach accident - Trewmans Exeter F P.
regards
Paul

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 06:13 BST (UK) »
Paul, I'd be interested in receiving a copy of all three, please.

Whilst I already have newspaper reports of the 2 accidents, it's good to have them from other sources as the local reporters attending the inquests sometimes included data not present when reproduced in the 'nationals'.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 February 12 02:26 GMT (UK) »
If you ever encounter a newspaper report of the POOLE inquest I'd be very grateful if you would reciprocate.   

Eureka!  My 'sub' to the BL Newspaper Archive is reaping huge dividends!  The relevant article appears in the Sherborne Mercury 07 Sep 1829.  However, I'd be grateful for any assistance in locating the burial of John POOLE aged 48.  ???

Update:  It seems I might already have encountered the burial 03 Sep 1829 John POOL recorded aged 40 of Street Ash in the Combe St Nicholas PR.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alysa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 February 16 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul, are you still looking for information on RP Caines? He was in charge of an inquest of a distant relative of mine, and I can't track down any more details than were in the newspapers of the time. It's an interesting case and throws up a lot of questions. Please contact me for more details if you want them. By the way, your website contains a wealth of fabulous information :)
Alysa
Palmer (Quantocks Broomsquires), Morton (Leeds), Briggs (Lancashire), Vickers, Valks (Durham), Loveless, Rich, Walford (Over Stowey).