Author Topic: Sweden: Gustav Nordblad  (Read 5392 times)

Offline lesB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden: Gustav Nordblad
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 January 10 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I recently had some luck researching a Swedish pair. A group of helpful people (just like Rootschat) on the "Genforum" internet site deal with Swedish Questions. My question was in reguard to emigration and I recieved an answer to this plus information of date of birth, parents etc.
Sweden is reputed to have possibly the finest family records in the world. From my own reading, "Genline" (pay site) is probably a good place to further your search. There is also extensive information to be found on a pilot site of Family Search.

You will probably need to know where they were born, at least the County. In my case I purchased their marriage and every one of their childs birth certificate before I approached Genforum.

Good Luck, Les

Offline lesB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 January 10 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Whoops! I made a mistake in saying there is a pilot site on Family Search.
There are however lists of records in their Library Catalogue under place search once you find where he came from. These microfilms can be ordered and viewed in your closest LDS centre.

Regards, Les

Offline jennyrob

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 January 10 08:37 GMT (UK) »
T :)hanks  I have a centre just at the top of my road

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi jennyrob,
An old thread here but I thought I would take a look. You may already know this but anyway:

1880 Household
Nordblad, Hans Olof b. 1853 - Father
Nordlund, Andriette Fredrika b. 1853 - Mother
Gustaf b. 1873
Per b. 1874
Anna b. 1875
Esther b. 1877
Olivia    b. 1879
Hilda b. 1880

and there is more if you want...

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 October 15 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi jennyrob
Saw you were online today. Have you missed this? I have your Gustav here in Sweden.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 December 15 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Just like to add some more info for anyone else looking for Gustaf Nordblad.

The minister had written a note in the Examination Book for years 1896-1905 that Gustaf had married Blanche Stokes, born 1881, in Oct 1905 in Cardiff. (which is quite unusual).

Ian

Offline julmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm new to roots chat
Gustav Nordblad was my grandfather.  I have been tracing his family in Sweden.  My mother told me that he was one of 11 children.  In the space of 2 years 9 of them died of TB.  His sister Hilda survived. Gustav went to sea, married my grandmother Blanche Stokes and lived the rest of his days here in Cardiff.  He was Captain  Nordblad having gained his masters certificate in 1907.
I am really interested in his parents Hans Olof Nordblad and Andriette Fredrika nee Nordlund.  I have found their marriage in 1873. My mother told me that there was German blood but I have no proof.
Some of Gustav's siblings had children because my mother had Swe dish cousins.  I've been to Sweden twice and met relatives.  Lost all contact now.  I do have some beautiful old photographs of the family.
Unable to access Swedish census as I do believe that they will have some answers.
Would appreciate  any help if possible.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
and welcome to RootsChat.
I can help you out but I would like to know what you exactly want so I don't look for the wrong things.
Is it just the parents you are interested in?

Ian

Offline julmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am mostly interested in the parents Hans Olof & Andriette.  Most of all I want to trace their parents and siblings.
I understand there is German blood but no idea where.
I have most of Gustav's siblings.  However there is one missinig. I've found Per (pelle) Anna Esther Olivia Hilda Oskar Sigrid Lilies and her twin Gertrude.  There is one more.  I know he had a sister Vivan because my aunt was named after her.  Although I am sure that Olivia was known as Vivan.  So there is one more!  He had 10 siblings.
Also there are cousins but I'm not sure who they are decended from.
I've always been interested in the family . It's just that once I started putting it all together there are so many more questions.