Author Topic: Garth fach Farm Llanegryn. Completed  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Retpara

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Garth fach Farm Llanegryn. Completed
« on: Thursday 14 January 10 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Would any kind person out there, have any knowledge of where Garth Fach Farm, Peniarth, Llanegryn is or if it has now been demolished, as I have tried looking at all the maps and googleing but haven't been able to find it. As I believe this is where my Gt Gt Grandparents a Hugh Lewis and wife Elizabeth with their family were on the 1841 Census.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Retpara.

Offline jajones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Garth fach Farm Llanegryn
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 22:01 BST (UK) »
Suggest the Tithe maps at the National Library Aberystwyth. If I remember I'll look it up when I'm next there.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 April 10 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

You might have found it by now but here is the location of Garth Fach so the farm should be in the vicinity:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/08it/   

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 April 10 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi
Postcode search on Royal Mail website brings up: Garth Fach, Llanegryn, Tywyn, LL36 9UG. It's shown, but not named on the 1:50 000 scale map, but is named, as you see by using link from a previous reply, on the 1:25 000 scale map. It's on the left off the road from Llanegryn up the Dysynni Valley towards Abergynolwyn, about 1 km before the junction with the road from Bryncrug to Abergynolwyn (not the main road from Bryncrug to Abergynolwyn). The junction is near Craig yr Aderyn/Bird Rock.
I'm sure I've seen a previous query re. Garth Fach, but can't find it.
EmyrBorth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 April 10 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
Postcode search on Royal Mail website brings up: Garth Fach, Llanegryn, Tywyn, LL36 9UG. It's shown, but not named on the 1:50 000 scale map, but is named, as you see by using link from a previous reply, on the 1:25 000 scale map. It's on the left off the road from Llanegryn up the Dysynni Valley towards Abergynolwyn, about 1 km before the junction with the road from Bryncrug to Abergynolwyn (not the main road from Bryncrug to Abergynolwyn). The junction is near Craig yr Aderyn/Bird Rock.
I'm sure I've seen a previous query re. Garth Fach, but can't find it.
EmyrBorth

:D

Exactly what my map link shows!

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Fragilly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Garth fach Farm Llanegryn. Completed
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 March 16 12:21 GMT (UK) »
I'm also looking for Hugh & Elizabeth Lewis and Garth Fach Farm as they are my Gt Gt Gt grandparents.
I recently went to see Pen Craig, Rhyd-yr-onnen where Lewis Lewis (Gt Gt Grandfather) was in 1861 census and John Price Lewis (Gt Grandfather) was born.   
How are we related ? and do you have any info on Lewis Lewis wife's family (Elizabeth Price)?