Author Topic: England outbound passenger list - prior to 1890  (Read 10922 times)

Offline Superhoop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Engalnd outbound passenger list - prior to 1890
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 February 10 10:50 GMT (UK) »
I went through the lists I could find and could not find any that seemed to fit . I am sorry I couldn't help further.

I agree with the comment from Ben, the port of disembarkation would help.

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: England outbound passenger list - prior to 1890
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 February 10 12:11 GMT (UK) »
My 3xgreat grandfather is on the 1900 US census and his year of immigration given has helped me find his passenger list. He emigrated just before 1890 and I found the records of where he disembarked in Philadelphia.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline KWatts

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England outbound passenger list - prior to 1890
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 February 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi all -

I'm late to this particular conversation as I am new to this site.  Like Lorraine, I've been looking for an ancestor leaving England around 1660/61 and arriving in Bermuda (aka Somers Isles/Islands). 

I landed on a theory a few years ago that he could have come over on a ship called the Virginia Merchant.  According to what I've found out so far (from a dive website, no less), she arrived in Bermuda and took on water/supplies, etc., but she was bound for Jamestown, VA.  She left Castle Harbour, Bermuda on 25th March 1661 but ran aground and wrecked off the South Shore of Bermuda just a few hours later. 

My ancestor turns up as tenant on land in Sandy's Parish, Bermuda in 1662. Having said all that, various conversations with friends I am now not sure, as there were many ships that could have left England during a year.

I looked at Cyndi's List, but unfortunately, they linked to Ancestry and I have already exhaustively searched that site and come up empty handed, so I'd be grateful for any other advice/ideas anyone has. 

Many thanks!