Author Topic: Battlefields of First World War by peter barton dvd not working !  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Battlefields of First World War by peter barton dvd not working !
« on: Tuesday 19 January 10 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone .I have just taken delivery of this fabulous book that has a cd with it showing over 500 panoramic pics  of ww1 battlefields but the dvd/cdrom is not working in either my dvd player or on my pc ! Has anyone else had the same problem  or am I doing something wrong ? :'(  Just need to check before i send it back  :(....
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline bernard_lewis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefields of First World War by peter barton dvd not working !
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 10 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Does it say on the disk it needs a certain flavour of Windows to run? If it does are you running that version?

Bernard
Author 'Swansea and the Workhouse - the Poor Law in 19th century Swansea' (2003); 'Swansea Pals - the 14th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment in the Great War' (2004); 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Swansea''. (2009); 'Swansea in the Great War' ( 2014); 'Neath! Neath! Neath! The Record-Breaking 1988/89 Season' (2016). My blog: https://bernardlewisauthor.wordpress.com/

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefields of First World War by peter barton dvd not working !
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 10 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Bernard ... I have had a new version made by the people who made the CD ROM  for the  publishers thanks,  so  the  problem has now been solved .. It's brilliant too..  the photographs are just amazing .... thoroughly recommend the  book .

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0an9/

Poll :)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople