Author Topic: barnhill poorhouse.  (Read 10211 times)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: barnhill poorhouse.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 March 18 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,
I too an expatriate Scot live too far away - Australia to be precise.  However the Glasgow City Archives people - will do searches for Poor Law records for you.  I have had a look and they have changed their website etc.... but if you check out the following link - it will tell you all about the records in general - and at the right hand side of the page, it gives an email address for the Glasgow City Archives - give as much info as you can in your email - and they will hopefully find some worthwhile stuff for you - It has been a fair while since I last did a search (have done various on different sides of family - amazing just how many of our ancestors were "on the Parish").  From what I remember they charge a fee,  - but very reasonable, and they are very helpful. The link for the page is https://www.glasgowfamilyhistory.org.uk/ExploreRecords/Pages/Poor-Law.aspx
Good luck!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline doch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: barnhill poorhouse.
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 March 18 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks magbil,I’ll certainly look into it.
  Regards.
docherty glasgow/ireland
king glasgow/ireland
burns glasgow/ireland
gillon/sligo    mcaffrey/fermanagh
young glasgow/ireland