Author Topic: O'Tully Born in Lancashire  (Read 3741 times)

Offline John F

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
O'Tully Born in Lancashire
« on: Tuesday 11 May 04 22:47 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on my Great Grandmother, Bridget O'Tully born in Lancashire in (about) 1839. The town she was born in is listed as "Not Known" in the 1851 census. Can anyone help me?

I am also lookin for information on the family of Thomas O Wright, born 1837 in Upwell Cambridge.
John

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:O'Tully Born in Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 May 04 15:16 BST (UK) »

I'd start by seraching the GRO indexes for her birth. Public reference libraries, LDS family history centres, 1837online, freebmd.

Have you 'caught' her on a later census, with birthplace?

Did she have siblings in 1851? Can you find those on a later census to see what they say regarding birthplace?

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline John F

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 04 18:00 BST (UK) »
Don't know anything about her other than the reference in the 1851 census that she had married my Great Grandfather Thomas O Wright and was living in Upwell cambs.

Offline Magrat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 May 04 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You could try the Cambridgeshire family history site on www.cfhs.org.uk/index.html as they have the 1841 and 1851 census index on line.
I had a quick look and in 1841 there was only 1 Thomas Wright aged 56 in Upwell, wife Mary age 50, children Sarah 11, Jemima 9 and Oliver 4. (was the O in his name for Oliver?)
In the 1851 census the same Thomas Wright age 66, Mary age 59, sarah 20 and Thomas age14!  I don't know if this is your Thomas O Wright or not so it might be worth a look on the fhs site.
Magrat
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Coates,Radcliffe, Bates, Ford, Wooldridge, Draycott, Cooper, Brandish, Munro, Jago, Baker, Dibble, Williams, Coward, Moule, Storey, French, Jacklin
Lancashire, Staffordshire, Essex, London, Cambridgeshire, Dorset, Surrey