Author Topic: nairn/nairne  (Read 13677 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Re: nairn/nairne
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 March 10 14:40 GMT (UK) »
hi

thanks for the reply.  do you have any info on marys brother john.  we are having a hard time finding a

marriage or children for him.  i have some info on this family and the distillery sent to me by a descendant.  if you pm me i will send you what i have

beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 January 14 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peabodyks,
                   I have just come across your post where you mention Alicia Haslett who married Robert McQueen. I think that this should be Alicia Forsythe, the daughter of John Robert Forsythe and his wife Alicia Haslett. Alicia Haslett was my G. Grandmother's sister. I have more information on the Haslett family if you are interested.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Peabodyks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Aunt Muriel Ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 05 January 14 19:54 GMT (UK) »
You are absolutely right. John Robert Forsyth married Alicia Haslett and their daughter, Alicia Forsyth married Robert McQueen. I was asleep at the wheel when I posted the error. Thanks for catching it.
McQueen Nairn (Scotland - Clackmannanshire) Cleland (Scotland) Brookes Thatcher Pickford Wardle Craynor Garvin Carr Garlick (England - Cheshire Derbyshire Lancashire)