Author Topic: 1841 census Llangyfelach Parish Clase  (Read 16229 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Llangyfelach Parish Clase
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 21:45 BST (UK) »
Liz,

Today I phoned West Glamorgan Archives, after explaining the background to the enquiry they called me back saying that the original Mynyddbach Chapel Burial Register covering the years 1688~1792 was available for inspection at the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth, some 70 road miles from here with a calculated journey time of 1h48 and that presupposes that the maximum permitted speed can be maintained for the whole journey, somewhat unlikely in this day & age! 

Then there was an unusually  long pause.

Followed by: "but we have a copy here in Swansea, would that be of any interest to you?"

To which I replied "Yes Please" there was then some small talk about the missing 84 years (1792~1876).

Anyway, if you can send me details of the ancestors you are looking for, either here or by PM, I can make arrangements to visit their office and see what I can discover, but be aware I cannot commit myself to any time scale, it will be a case of when a sufficient window of time becomes available.

JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 06:07 BST (UK) »
That is very kind.  Because of the Davies name I havent got any for sure knowledge of their kids death dates and if they buried babies it would be during the gap.  1812 to 1845 would be Margaret Davies childbearing years.  I will see who I can find after 1876.  My John moved to Cardiff by the 1881 census so he is out .   Will work on this   Thanks again.   LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 06:16 BST (UK) »
This made me smile John:

"some 70 road miles from here with a calculated journey time of 1h48 and that presupposes that the maximum permitted speed can be maintained for the whole journey".

I need to drive 98.798 miles (converted from KM), 1h 45 mins to get groceries.  ;D

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 20 August 17 22:32 BST (UK) »
Heloo John,  After digging on the internet I found Richard Davies,  Carpenter and wheelwright
                                                                          Death Dec 1898  living in LANDORE 1891
                                                                        Wife Sarah,    died btween 1851 and 1856
                                                                        2nd wife Ann.
Be interesting to know if kids stayed with Mynydd Bach.   I have never found any baptisms that matched up with the 1841 census names,  Other sibling are Evan born abt 1820, William born abt 1812  wife Jane,   Also Morgan born abt 1828.    Thank you for your help.  If this is too general let me know what to search for.   LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan