Author Topic: local lookups  (Read 3790 times)

Offline rosanne

• RootsChat Member
  • Just keep looking
    • View Profile
local lookups
« on: Thursday 17 March 05 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone have an online lookup for Irish Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates? I am in Australia and most records seem to me in person. I alos probably need parish records which means going to parishes to look. Does anyone know of how I could do this without being physically there and without it costing an arm and a leg???
Rosanne
Maxwell, Kidson, Beckett, Byrne, Knight, Jeavons, Bitheway, Ellow, Ganly....Greater London and surrounds also Ireland

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: local lookups
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 March 05 08:24 GMT (UK) »
rosann
I have the Bvri it cover some births and marriages if you want to post your names I am sure some one will have a go for you

audrey

Offline rosanne

• RootsChat Member
  • Just keep looking
    • View Profile
Re: local lookups
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 March 05 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Audrey
 ok here are my names

Johnston Maxwell married (I believe) to Frances Ganly in 1843 in Diocese of Elphin, Connaught

IS Frances father John Ganly whom Johnston Maxwell leased land from?

Did they have a son John about 1849?

When did Johnston die (or when was he born for that matter).

Did Frances remarry someone named brown.

My John Maxwell was married with an alias ie his wedding certificate says John Brown alias Maxwell he married in the UK.
His father was Johnson Maxwell a farmer.

Other records indicate that John Maxwell(or Brown) was born in Ireland.

Are there other children.

Basically I have just found this Irish link and am trying to confirm what I have and also to trace backwards.

Thanks if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have looked at Griffiths Valuation and only found one Johnston Maxwell so am hopeful this is he.

Rosanne
Maxwell, Kidson, Beckett, Byrne, Knight, Jeavons, Bitheway, Ellow, Ganly....Greater London and surrounds also Ireland