Author Topic: Historic Post Card of Bad Nauheim Kolonnade (Hesse)  (Read 757 times)

Offline Graham Whitehead

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Historic Post Card of Bad Nauheim Kolonnade (Hesse)
« on: Friday 29 January 10 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of a 19th Century postal view of the Kolonnade, Bad Nauheim?  Now the site of the Gedankeskirche there was there previously a hotel called Deutsche Hof.  The son of the owner emigrated to London where the later ancestry is known.  A ground plan of the hotel exists in the Archives but so far no picture of the former hotel has been found.  Any help appreciated.
Warwicks: Whitehead, Allcock, Atkins, Bayley, Beacham, Bilson, Brooks, Cleaver,Farmer,Gilks, Lucas, Kendall, Oliver, Pickard, Shilton, Underhill.
Lincs: Kendall, Clark, Morley,Vincent, Withers, Barlow,Dawson.
Leics. Vincent
Notts: Bardill, Bugg, Morley, Winfield
Dublin: Brooks, Flood.

Offline SwissGill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Historic Post Card of Bad Nauheim Kolonnade (Hesse)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 January 10 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Graham,

Here a link to the Spa Hotel,  opened in 1835, on the site that afterwards housed the"Dankeskirche"

http://www.jugendstil-bad-nauheim.de/jugendstil/content/en_index_html?a=32

happy reading

Gill
Whitlow: Witton-cum-Twambrooks/Northwich
Bowers: Marthall, Siddington, Cheshire
Owen: Cheshire
Pfisterer (Fisher): West Riding Yks 1850-1875
Fisher (Pfisterer): Des Moines, Iowa 1886-
Wallis: West Riding Yks/Des Moines, Iowa, 1892-
Heinzmann: Hull/Northwich
Pfisterer, Heinzmann, Künzelsau, Baden-Württemberg
Brueck: Kocherstetten B-W
Volpp: Morsbach B-W
Schluchterer: Künzelsau, B-W

Offline Graham Whitehead

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Historic Post Card of Bad Nauheim Kolonnade (Hesse)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 January 10 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gill

Thank you so much for your quick response.  I have visited Bad Nauheim a number of times when staying in Giessen and confirmed in the parish records that my friend's family did indeed come from there. I also have a booklet on the Gedankeskirche but I see no mention of it in the interesting link you have given me.  The fact you mention the Spa Hotel, 1835, is of interest because the family always maintained that it was so called. However I found in the archives of Bad Nauheim a ground plan of the hotel on the Kolonnade, and it was apparently to be called Deustcher Hof.  Perhaps the name changed.  If you have other info re Spa Hotel please let me know so I can pass it on.
Thank you again
Warwicks: Whitehead, Allcock, Atkins, Bayley, Beacham, Bilson, Brooks, Cleaver,Farmer,Gilks, Lucas, Kendall, Oliver, Pickard, Shilton, Underhill.
Lincs: Kendall, Clark, Morley,Vincent, Withers, Barlow,Dawson.
Leics. Vincent
Notts: Bardill, Bugg, Morley, Winfield
Dublin: Brooks, Flood.