Author Topic: Mary WOOD Baptism circa 1738 Swefling  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Hephzibah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary WOOD Baptism circa 1738 Swefling
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 November 15 12:17 GMT (UK) »
As I have just moved & all my 'stuff' is still boxed up, I'm replying to this from memory!

There was a Rev Samuel Wood at the Framlingham Dissenters Meeting House who married a Mary Meadows, daughter of Rev John Meadows & Sarah Chaplin. John Meadows was minister of the Congregational chapel at Needham Market.
There is a list of the children of Fram. Rev S.W. in the Fram records at the Ipswich RO, one of whom was Mary. The children were not baptised at Framlingham - from memory, I think they were baptised at  Walpole, one of the first Congregational chapels in the area.

Hope this has helped and not confused! As was stated earlier, there were several Sam. Woods and certainly the family connections of the Fram Sam. stretch out to the dissenting congregations in Ipswich, Norwich, Walpole....and maybe Rendham!!!

Hephzibah
PENDAL & variants: Suffolk; Bardwell, Tannington, Weybread, Dennington & Worlingworth
ELLINOR: Suffolk; Redgrave/ Gislingham.
GRAYSTON: Suffolk; Ipswich.
GIRLING: Suffolk; Stradbroke/Ipswich
HAWES: Suffolk; Harkstead/Holbrook/Capel St Mary/Ipswich
BECK: Co Durham; Chopwell & Northumberland; Newcastle upon Tyne.
MILLER: Cumberland; Mawbray/Hayrigg/ Silloth.
FAIRLAM: Co Durham; Allendale Cottages, Low Westwood, Milkwell Burn.
WESTGARTH: Co Durham; Bishop Auckland

Offline Kylie B

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary WOOD Baptism circa 1738 Swefling
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 November 15 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Hephzibah- This Rev Samuel Wood of Rendham later moved to Norwich, married Mary unknown and had a daughter Mary.
The daughter Mary married Rev Newton, who succeeded her father as minister.

I am trying to find out the parentage of Samuel, and details of his wife, as I believe....he was the cousin of the Rev Samuel Wood of Framlingham you mentioned. With so many Samuel Wood's it is hard to keep them clear- but I think this is how they are related. Which means this Samuel of Rendham's father was brother to Rev Samuel Wood Snr (father of Samuel Wood of Framlingham). THis is what I am trying to find out!!

Does anyone know anything about the lineage of Samuel Wood of Rendham/Norwich??

Kylie