Author Topic: Louisa Isabella Marsh and Augustus Gale  (Read 8865 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Louisa Isabella Marsh and Augustus Gale
« on: Sunday 31 January 10 02:15 GMT (UK) »
  already found the marriage details.
But cannot find them in the census.  1881 they had just got married so I assume that they missed the census date as they married in the December.
Cannot track them on the next.  Or any births
I found some possibles  1882 Births Apr - June Portsea
Eliza Annie Gale Portsea Vol. 2B Page 553
William Wallace Gale Portsea 2B P 451
Births Jul-Sept:
Charles Gale Portsea Vol 2B Page 526
I have tested the first two on Census and have come up blank.  The last one I will try tomorrow.
Would appreciate some pointers. 
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Isabella Marsh and Augustus Gale
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 January 10 02:20 GMT (UK) »
I have some questions about researching:
On The Genealogist behind the information of a birth or a census it shows the Reg no.
If someone has kindly completed some research for you and they give you the Reg no . RG but you cannot find it, and you are shown something close to it can you use the arrows shown to obtain the record that you want.  Because it seemed to me that you should be able to, but when I tried that nothing happened. 
Has anyone else had that happen.?
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 January 10 02:35 GMT (UK) »
eliza.a.gale is the daughter of charles and eliza
cannot find the other two children though there is a william wallace born around that time in portsea
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 January 10 02:43 GMT (UK) »
this could be why you cannot find her
death index
name; louisa isabella gale
y.o.r. 1887
qtr; jan/feb/mar
dist; petersfield
vol; 2c
page; 92
est birth year 1863
age at death; 24
the birth year tallies with a birth reg in portsea in 1863 of a louisa isabella marsh
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Augustus is a widower in 1891, so that does tend to confirm that the record wozzle found is Isabella's death.

Eliza Annie and William Wallace Gale belong to different parents - although born in the same quarter and registered in the same district, the numbers are not consecutive so not twins.

Charles Gale's birth is registered in the following quarter and a possibility, but he died in the same quarter.

Given that Isabella's death was registered in Petersfield RD, it's going to be difficult to know if they had any children and if they also died.  No way of knowing when they moved away from Portsea to Petersfield area or where to without spending some money on certificates or going to Winchester to look up the parish records.  :-\ 

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks wozzle

Apparently she had two children, one is definately named Florence who married a mr. cross.
The other child, I do not know if male or female or their name.  Maybe she died in childbirth or soon after.

Will keep the information below that you found for me and take a look in Petersfield for births.

Marcie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Just read the other thread where you found their marriage - in Midhurst RD in Sussex.  What made you think that the Portsea births might be their children?  Petersfield makes more sense since it is the neighbouring RD to Midhurst.

A number of possible Gale births in Petersfield - unfortunately with corresponding deaths.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Nell,

I will try and get oh as its his family to take a look at Winchester records to find the other child, but there was florence and a n other.  It is the name of the other one I do not know.  So will spend some time browsing the birth records and see if I can find anything for petersfield.

Marcie

One more to go which is the direct line for my husband Ellen Jane Marsh married Charles William Brown.  This has been partially covered already through Robert Jeffrey Tickle and I already have all the names of her children. It is Charles Brown I am more interested in, as I have Roberts parents and Ellen Janes' parents.
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 January 10 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Just read the other thread where you found their marriage - in Midhurst RD in Sussex.  What made you think that the Portsea births might be their children?  Petersfield makes more sense since it is the neighbouring RD to Midhurst.

A number of possible Gale births in Petersfield - unfortunately with corresponding deaths.

Nell
Wondered whether she may have gone home to mother during the last months of pregnancy, to portsea.  It was just a thought.
marcie
 searl rogers sutherland