Author Topic: Louisa Isabella Marsh and Augustus Gale  (Read 8841 times)

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Isabella Marsh and Augustus Gale
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 February 10 02:20 GMT (UK) »
they are still living in portsmouth in 1911 census
you would need to pay to look at the image to see if they have children with them
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 February 10 14:56 GMT (UK) »
and here is your marriage
william henry cross/florence gale
y.o.r. 1901 qtr; jul/aug/sept  dist; portsmouth
vol;2b page; 924
I spent last night trying to look for them.  I found the census with Betsy aged 78 and Florence aged 18 and saw William H Cross Boarder  25/26,so went looking but did not find anything.
A lot of possibles but no real information. Admit I was struggling with this.  No sign of the other child that the parents were supposed to have had?  I wondered if it was a boy he may have kept him with him.  With no name to go on, it is unlikely I will find it.  Thanks wozzle, that saves me a headache.  started to become frustrated with this one.   Marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 February 10 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Wozzle,
I owe you one, (at least).  At the moment with the recession money is tight, hopefully from next month things will lighten up.  I tried family search it said no results.  I tried FreeBMD no results.  Ancestry it came up with something but said I had to pay, which I thought that having joined for a fee I should at least have had free searches as with the Gen, tried them nothing conclusive. Could not get any information for florence to tie up with anyone called William Cross.  William Henry or William Harry Cross.  I wonder sometimes, if these sites are more sensitive and the wording like on the internet has to be written in a certain way to get the results you want.

So this information is a boon.  Thank you again.                           Marcie
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 February 10 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Wozzle,
I have found Augustus Gale aged 41 Farrier
wife Emily Pearce also 41
Son Augustus 16 which means he was born in 1885  and is a carman
as Louisa died in 1887  he has to be her son.

That is a turn up.  Chiswich Mddx  1901 Census but I cannot read the address
its no 32     ?  Grove

marcie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 February 10 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Wozzle
Is there a way of confirming the Death of Augustus Gale I found in Hammersmith and seeing who he was living with at the time?  One of my previous posts on this section.  Then I can call it a day and state completed until I can get enough monies together to find the children of both Florence and William and Augustus and whoever he married.

marcie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 February 10 15:11 GMT (UK) »
you could get the death cert to see who regd the death i think that would tell you his place of abode at the time of the death but that would'nt neccesarily give you the answer you are looking for
afraid the short answer to your question is i do not know how you would find out who he was living with at the time of death
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline Canadian Gale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 05 June 15 18:42 BST (UK) »
I'm a great grandson of Augustus and Louisa Isabella Gale. As far as I and a Gale cousin have been able to piece together the information, my Gale ancestral line goes like this:

William Gale (b. abt. 1820) married a woman named Caroline (her maiden name is unknown to me) (b. abt. 1832). Their children are or included Charles (b. abt. 1858), Augustus (b. 3 November 1859 in Liss, Hampshire, England / d. 5 August 1935 in England), Maria (b. abt. 1863) and Frances (b. abt. 1864). Caroline also had a son named William Carpenter (b. abt. 1856).

Augustus, nicknamed "Alf," married Louisa Isabella (her maiden name is unknown to me; speculation is that it could have been Marsh). Their children are or included Florence Betsy Caroline (b. 17 September 1882), George Augustus (b. 18 June 1884 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England / d. 28 August 1966 in Galt, Ontario, Canada) and William (b. and d. dates are unknown to me). After Louisa Isabella passed on—her death is assumed to have occurred during the winter of 1887—Augustus married Emily Pearce, daughter of George Pearce, on 8 October 1892.

Florence Betsy Caroline Gale married William Cross. Their children are or included Florence "Florrie," Harry and William.

George Augustus immigrated to Canada (the date is unknown to me) and, on 2 October 1906, married Agnes Eva Young, nicknamed "Aggie" (b. 1 January 1889 in Oneida Township, Ontario, Canada / d. 23 September 1947 in Brantford, Ontario, Canada), daughter of Charles and Ellen Young. Their children are Elmer Lewis (b. 9 February 1908 in Brantford, Ontario, Canada / d. 1 August 1969 in North Bay, Ontario, Canada) and Charles Augustus (b. 1 May 1909 / d. 19 September 1984).

On 23 May 1929, in Brantford, Ontario, Canada, Charles Augustus married Margaret Isabel Elizabeth Wismer (b. 27 May 1911 in Brantford, Ontario, Canada / d. 13 September 1997 in Brantford, Ontario, Canada). They have six children.

In September 1929, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Elmer Lewis married Violet Buelah Hall (b. 9 June 1910 in Beeton, Ontario, Canada / d. 6 October 2006 in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada). They have eight children, four of whom are still living as of this date, including my mother.

Hope this helps you with your own Gale family tree research. God bless.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 02 April 16 01:50 BST (UK) »
yjat bit I can help with. she is a relative of my husband's tree and her surname would have been marsh.also she would have been one of13 children mix of male and female
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 April 16 01:55 BST (UK) »
john marsh married betsty warren their first child was john he died before he was 10email me and I will try and get you if you are interested, all her siblings names but you will have to look them up yourself because its a very large tree stuffed with informayion that since mt strokr I find hard  to remember
 searl rogers sutherland