Author Topic: marriage lookup  (Read 4072 times)

Offline annieRN

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
marriage lookup
« on: Sunday 31 January 10 15:50 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if someone could try to find a marriage between Thomas Baines and Mary Ann Hill or Slater about 1835 and also one between Eleanor Easter Kemp or Hill (widow) and Phillip Slater between 1823 and 1851.   Mary Ann Hill daughter of Eleanor Easter was  baptised at Ebenezer chapel Uppingham so they may be chapel marriages.  Thankyou.
Somerset:  Blacker, Wilton, Withers, Cox, Cleverley and Cavill
Gloucestershire: Horne

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: marriage lookup
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 January 10 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

IGI has marriage for Thomas Baines and Mary Ann Hill     
13th JUNE 1835   at  Preston, Rutland

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline crowboy97

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 February 10 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Downunder,

From Uppingham Parish Registers on microfiche (DE 1784/12) we have:
No. 240
Daniel Slater of Preston in the County of Rutland and Eleanor Easter Hill widow OTP married by licence on 2 August 1835.
Witnesses Edward Kemp and Mary Ann Hill
Rector J G Dimock

There is a marriage of a Philip Slater to Eleanor Dorman both OTP at Uppingham on  ? July 1817 (No.53)
And for interest;
No. 211
William Baines bachelor of St Margaret Leicester and Mary Kemp spinster OTP married by licence on 7 September 1830.
Witnesses Edward Kemp and Mary Ann Hill
Rector J G Dimock

Everard Hill aged 42 years was buried Uppingham on 21 June 1823 (no.323) DE1784/10

I assume from your note that you are most likely aware of the multiple Hill, Slater, Kemp records in the Congregational Church records. If not please advise.

Regards

Crowboy
Langley (Rutland, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, South Australia); Mallett, Mallet, Cowling, (Cornwall, South Australia, Victoria, Qld); Turner, Onyon (Lincolnshire); Harden, Hearden (Essex); Bradley (Lancashire); Palmer (Devonshire)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annieRN

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 February 10 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou very much to you both for taking the trouble to do lookups. It is much appreciated.  Mary Ann Hill was my direct ancestor and Eleanor Easter  Kemp was her mother.   I have found quite a lot of the baptisms on free reg or the IGI.

I am still looking for a baptism for Everard Hill.
Somerset:  Blacker, Wilton, Withers, Cox, Cleverley and Cavill
Gloucestershire: Horne

Offline crowboy97

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 February 10 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

From Uppingham Parish Register microfiche DE 1784/8:

Everard, son of James and Mary Hill was baptised 15 July 1782.

Crowboy
Langley (Rutland, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, South Australia); Mallett, Mallet, Cowling, (Cornwall, South Australia, Victoria, Qld); Turner, Onyon (Lincolnshire); Harden, Hearden (Essex); Bradley (Lancashire); Palmer (Devonshire)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk