Author Topic: Hanbury Mount  (Read 5517 times)

Offline yvon-3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanbury Mount
« on: Tuesday 02 February 10 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to find information on Hanbury Mount ,Hanbury Nr Bromsgrove Worcestershire.
I have just found out that my moher Ellen Small worked there in 1930 I think as house parlour maid. She was 16 yrs old in 1930. Does any one know who owned the house then and is it still there?

Thanks

Yvonne

Offline andyb1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hanbury Mount
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 February 10 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Yvonne

Suggest you 'Google' Hanbury Mount.  It appears that the property you're interested in might still be there.

Andy

Offline yvon-3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 February 10 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy,
           I tried Google first, I haven't found anything on the house or its owners. It just brings up Hanbury or Hanbury Hall which isn't the same house. Which is why I hoped some one on here might be able to help me.

Thanks for replying.

Yvonne

Offline Preece67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne
I drive past it twice a day, the house is most certainly still there, and undergoing huge amounts of work to I believe try to return it to its former state. If you check out house sale prices you will find it was sold for £1.5M in 2004, and since then there have been numerous planning submissions, which you would be able to find using Google and going to Wychavon District Council Planning. Building works have been going on for at least 2 years!

If you use this (put "Hanbury Mount" in the search box), you will be able to find details of the present owner - I won't post them here, but perhaps if you wrote to him he may be able to give you some details if former deeds have survived?

Best of luck, Ian
PREECE Bodenham (HEF), Newent (GLS), Orcop (HEF), Hartpury (GLS), Upton on Severn (WOR)
TAYLOR Walsall (STS), Brierley Hill (STS)
CARTWRIGHT Brierley Hill (STS)
ILSLEY Birmingham (WAR)
HODGETTS Bromsgrove (WOR)

Offline mattduk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I used to live there up until 2004 when the house was sold to a friend, i have some information regarding the property and would gladly give you any info you are after.

Thans.

Offline Soulman65

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 November 14 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne
I noticed you had a post about Hanbury Mount.
I have just found out that my mother was evacuated there during the war, when she was 6.
I am trying to find out any information about the place.
Do you have any photos I could show my mum
Many thanks
Mark

Offline andrewharris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 August 17 12:52 BST (UK) »
In 1930 Hanbury Mount was lived in by Auda Letitia Hill, the sister of Sir George Vernon of Hanbury Hall. She had moved there after the death of her father Sir Harry Vernon in 1920, together with her widowed mother, Lady Georgina Vernon, who died in 1928. Auda Vernon married Col Thomas Hill in 1926, who died in 1938. Auda Hill died in 1957 aged 95. I remember her as we then lived next door.

Andrew Harris