Author Topic: LEPINE  (Read 32974 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LEPINE
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 January 15 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen,

I never got back to you before so sorry about that!

This is your line of descent:

Jehan de Lespine born before c1554 in La Gorgue, France

Their son Jaques de Lespine born before c1673 in La Gorgue, France, died Cantebury 1601 married Catherine Delbeq

Their son Jan/Jean de Lespine born Canterbury 1594 died 1655 married as his first wife Jaqueline Bariselle in 1630.

Their son Jean Delepine/Lepine born Canterbury 1632 died 1710 married Marie Bonte in 1668

Their son Daniel Lepine born Canterbury, Kent 1687 died 1754 married as his second wife Elizabeth Broadstreet in 1727

Their daughter Elizabeth Lepine born Canterbury 1727 in Canterbury and married George Nutting in 1752

He position is known in the family due to the will of her brother Stephen Lepine from 1797 where she is named as 'Elizabeth Nutton'.

The earlier family line can clearly be construction from the French Church registers of Canterbury.

I have the following children for the couple:

Edward Nutting
1755 –

Henry Nutting
1755 –

?George Nutting
1757 –

?William Nutting
1759 –

?Elizabeth Nutting
1762 –

?Samuel Nutting
1764 –

Hester Nutting
1769 –

Mary Nutting
1771 –

Rachel Nutting
1774 –

I have question marks for some children as their mother's name is recorded as Mary, but I assume this is an error or she was also known by another name.

She was alive at the time of her brother Stephen's will in 1797, so her burial must be one of the two Elizabeth Nuttings in Chislet. One on 30 Sep 1798 and the other being 24 June 1802.

If you have any more information on the Nuttings I would very much like to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Jon

Offline Helen10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jon

Thank you. That is really interesting and has answered a question within our family history. My great grandfather (Frederick Male, b.1860, also from Chislet) told his son that the family had descended from Huguenots. Elizabeth Lepine is the 2 x great grandmother of his wife (Emily Nutting, b.1864, also from Chislet), so I presume this is the link that he referred to.

Do you have a copy of Elizabeth’s brother Stephen’s will? It would be very interesting to read.

Re. George Nutting and Elizabeth’s children. I had only linked Edward and Henry (both 1755) to them. I had cautiously assumed that Elizabeth had died and George had remarried (Mary), but the date of Elizabeth’s brother’s will puts another slant on this. So it is probably as you suggest, the name ‘Mary’ was an error.   

I have researched the Nutting family, but it is a little vague before George. It is likely that his father was a Henry Nutting, who was baptised in 1696 in Hoath, and buried in Chislet, in 1755. His grandfather was probably Henry Nutting, who married Mary Field in Chislet, in 1683. Is there anything else about the Nutting family that you would like to know?

Many thanks again.
Kind regards.
Helen

Offline Harry Lepine-williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, iv seen what you have wrote about the lepine history and wondering if you have any thing on the branch of lepine Williams as I have that surname.
Harry

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Harry,

Can you please tell me a bit more about your Lepine line and I will see what I have.

Thanks,
Jon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:21 BST (UK) »
Well the oldest known relative I have is judge Jeffrey and I know that one of his daughters married in to the lepine family, the oldest recent relative that I know about it basil heathcoat lepine-williams.

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:24 BST (UK) »
Is this in the UK? Any dates for any of those people?

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:29 BST (UK) »
All in uk and the only dates  know is that basil was born 1918 and died  2006 also my grand father has family in usa, new zealand and south africa.

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 July 16 23:33 BST (UK) »
Lepine is a very common name in France and so there are many all over the world.

If you have an ancestor who was born in the UK then I am sure I will be able to help as I have researched so many branches.

However I have never looked into the branches outside the UK really so not sure I can help much, I'm afraid.

Do post back on here if you come across something in the UK though!

Jon

Offline Kaytay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 19 August 16 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Jon,
My great grandmother was a Lepine and her father was Edward Lepine whose father you have found is Samuel Lepine a soldier whose parents were John Lepine and Mary Brett. My Lepine family line has died out with my great grandmother Elizabeth Ellen Lepine. I have been trying to get back further to find out where my ancestors originated from. Samuel died 2 years after Edward was born(1826).
Edward moved to Gloucester and married Susannah Jones. I have been trying to find where Samuel and Edward are buried. I don't know if you have this little bit of information.
Edward (1826) and his brother Samuel (1824) were born in Maidstone. Parents were Samuel (b:1771) (d:1828)and Elizabeth ? Samuel and his brothers Stephen and William were also born in Maidstone. Samuel(1771) joined the army when he was 18 and he was a baker before that.

I have just found other information that you have replied to previously, as to where this line have
descended from.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Karen